Rush poker FTP - Page 3
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush poker FTP

Default RUSH POKER on Full Tilt

Is it possible to get the hud to keep up with the action of Rush Poker on Full Tilt.... What is the advantage of prefetch hands, will this help if i increase the number of hands? Hopefully, one of you guys (mods), have played this new game "Rush Poker;" you will understand that by the time hud updates its info, that table with those villians stats, have passed you long ago... Any help or ideas would be appreciated...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jsbjoey View Post
    Solution to HUD and Rush games is to abandon HUD. Write a simple routine within HEM that writes key stats into player notes.

Admittedly, this will not include hands during the session, but it would include all hands except for the current day.
    +1 for this one...

... because I dont expect the HEM-HUD to be quick enough for those Rush-tables.

The FTP-notes-file is in XML and more or less trivial to edit.

I would go a bit further:
    - Tag those Rush-handhistories as Rush.
    - Make it configurable to use special auto-rate-rules just for rush-handhistories.
    - Make it configurable to use the FTP-player-color-icon from within those auto-rate-rules. For example for very loose players use the green icon. This way one has at least some information at the beginning of the hand.
    - HUD off automatically for those Rush-tables as long as it doesnt work.

Together with putting configurable stats in the FTP-notes it should be enough.

On the other side... I kind of like it, if noone has stats at those Rush-tables... So maybe it might be usefull to have the above made but not activated until there is another HUD or programm which does this in the notes-file.

Quote Originally Posted by Respawn View Post
    But what about taking notes with the HUD then?
    No HUD... No notes in HUD.

Part of what makes Rush awesome is that it completely nullifies the HUD bots. I say leave it be. If HUDs are made to work with Rush it will become infested with the HUD Bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrahl View Post
    Part of what makes Rush awesome is that it completely nullifies the HUD bots. I say leave it be. If HUDs are made to work with Rush it will become infested with the HUD Bots.
    Would be nice if u could just have HERO stats on the HUD to see how you're playing (this is probably possible if so can u help) without having to re-configure the HUD each time

Hi Thrahl - out of curiousity...

What do you mean by "HUD bots" ?
    ABC players or actual bots or what ?
    Why are HUD bots a problem ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _Loki_ View Post
    Hi Thrahl - out of curiousity...

What do you mean by "HUD bots" ?
    ABC players or actual bots or what ?
    Why are HUD bots a problem ?

Thanks
    What he means is the people who simply use their heads up display to make decisions e.g. if as a player u fold often to 3 bets a HUD bot will simply 3 bet you because of ur stats. Typically these guys have big databases because they are multi-tabling so play by numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by jonthebook View Post
    Would be nice if u could just have HERO stats on the HUD to see how you're playing (this is probably possible if so can u help) without having to re-configure the HUD each time
    My HUD is still showing my stats on rush tables, it just jumps all over the table after each 5 second update, and is only seen on one table. But I can still see my stats there.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbjoey
    Solution to HUD and Rush games is to abandon HUD. Write a simple routine within HEM that writes key stats into player notes.
    Do you mean something for HEM to program or is this an option we can already configure?

Default Sepperate option for Rush Poker

I've played Rush a couple of times and it needs to be played different from normal poker. That said I hate the idea of the same stats being logged for plugging leaks purposses. I would like the option of not importing those stats at all or having a seperate folder for rush only. Perhaps something simalar to the Full Ring, 6 Max and Tourney option. I would like to know what other members think.

btjorgo

why not create a new DB in pgadmin just for rush ftp ?

I have a DB for each stake & game type
    I have a further DB that combines them all called 'all' so that I can track my overall stats & $ performance

At the beginning of each month I import the previous months hands from each DB category into the master 'all' DB

I do the same thing with my various HH archive folders

Quote Originally Posted by _Loki_ View Post
    btjorgo

why not create a new DB in pgadmin just for rush ftp ?

I have a DB for each stake & game type
    I have a further DB that combines them all called 'all' so that I can track my overall stats & $ performance

At the beginning of each month I import the previous months hands from each DB category into the master 'all' DB

I do the same thing with my various HH archive folders
    Whats the point ? Outside of isolating rush ? Sounds like a lot of messing around. I have a MASSIVE database and I let HM do t he work of sorting stuff.