Hold Em Manager 2: Merge 2 databases

Default Hold Em Manager 2: Merge 2 databases

Can I merge two databases? For some reason, in the beginning I made 2 different databases for the 2 different rooms i play on, is there a way to merge these databases into 1 database?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethjeu View Post
    Can I merge two databases? For some reason, in the beginning I made 2 different databases for the 2 different rooms i play on, is there a way to merge these databases into 1 database?
    If you only ever auto-imported to the 2 databases all of your original hands should be archived in the \HM2Archive folder so you can probably just Import From Folder > C:\HM2Archive to import the missing hands to your active database.

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

If that doesn't solve it you can:

You can export all the hands from one database - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ds+Exported%3F

Then import them manually to the other database - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Hand+Importing

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    If you only ever auto-imported to the 2 databases all of your original hands should be archived in the \HM2Archive folder so you can probably just Import From Folder > C:\HM2Archive to import the missing hands to your active database.

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

If that doesn't solve it you can:

You can export all the hands from one database - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ds+Exported%3F

Then import them manually to the other database - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Hand+Importing
    over time i have managerd to have 7 databases appear in the database manager, some were created automatically especially after updates.

The last update to 7662 created a new one called Holdemmanager2-1 so I only seee hands for my profiles for the last week.

Whats the best/easiest way to create 1 database which contains all the hands from all the databases

There was only 1 update in the past that should have created a new database. If you rolled back to before the update and updated beyond it again I could see it creating another database but otherwise your average update should not create a new database. You can export the hands from the Database > Export tab from each of the databases and import them all to a new database along with the \HM2Archive folder which contains your auto-imported hands.

If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney histories/results.

There was only 1 update in the past that should have created a new database. If you rolled back to before the update and updated beyond it again I could see it creating another database but otherwise your average update should not create a new database. You can export the hands from the Database > Export tab from each of the databases and import them all to a new database along with the \HM2Archive folder which contains your auto-imported hands.

If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney histories/results.
    I did export each database into 2 separate folders for cash and tournaments then created a new database then imported the fodlers back via Manual Hand Import/Import Folder.

I then went to Database Manager and selected the Import Tab and start import(guess this was the wrong thing to do)

So if I now go to HandImporting/ Import FOlder and browse to HM2 archive and import this should work ok. ALso I have a HM aRchive when I had HEM1 do I do this folder as well or will they already be included in HEM2 Archive.

Final Question Once all Hands have been imported into my new database Is it ok to delete all the other databases

Quote Originally Posted by rhombus View Post
    I did export each database into 2 separate folders for cash and tournaments then created a new database then imported the fodlers back via Manual Hand Import/Import Folder.
    Sounds good.

I then went to Database Manager and selected the Import Tab and start import(guess this was the wrong thing to do)
    This Database > Import tab is only used for importing HM1 databases.

So if I now go to HandImporting/ Import FOlder and browse to HM2 archive and import this should work ok.
    yes

ALso I have a HM aRchive when I had HEM1 do I do this folder as well or will they already be included in HEM2 Archive.
    I would also try importing this \HMArchive folder to make sure all your HM1 hands are imported also. Any duplicate hands will skipped/ignored.

Final Question Once all Hands have been imported into my new database Is it ok to delete all the other databases
    Yes, that should be fine since you have all of the hands exported/archived.

Sounds good.

This Database > Import tab is only used for importing HM1 databases.

yes

I would also try importing this \HMArchive folder to make sure all your HM1 hands are imported also. Any duplicate hands will skipped/ignored.

Yes, that should be fine since you have all of the hands exported/archived.
    Thanks, done all as above and everything seems to be ok