HM2 crushes whille notes creating
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default HM2 crushes whille notes creating

HM2 crushes when notecaddy starts create notes.
    Last version of HM2 (2.0.0.6866) and notecaddy (2.4.0.0).
    I tried with all thread counts (1-4), and with turbo hand grabber marked and unmarked. Windows 7 SP1 x64.
    Here is the screen with detailed description of this crush:
    image.png

Default HM2 crashes

it crashes during note creation: in 1-5 minutes afters starting note creation.
    "the program "holdem manager is not working" the problem caused this program to be closed. Windows will close this program ...... " (translated from russian)
    windows 7 ultimate
    last versions of hm2 and notecaddy

No direction but to trust the final destination

Did this happen in 2.3.0.4 or just new for 2.4? Please export the hands from your database and send to support@notecaddy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    Did this happen in 2.3.0.4 or just new for 2.4? Please export the hands from your database and send to support@notecaddy.com
    I don't know about 2.3.0.4 cause I didn't try with it. I've just started use notecaddy yesterday right after updating

it happens with 2.4.0.0. how can i go back to 2.3.0.4?

Thank you for sending me your hands. Unfortunately, I was not able to replicate the crush on either my main or test PC

Please try to run help->diagnostics and see if it crushes during that. If it does, how far did it get prior to the crush? If you fail to see such option please ensure you use latest http://forums.holdemmanager.com/note...res-bound.html

Also, if possible, please import hands to new database and try again. Perhaps it's data corruption problem.

You can go to previous version following such instructions How to use an old version of NoteCaddy - Assaultware Wiki but it's not good fix because next HM2 will force 2.4

I've deleted base and create new one. I've imported not many hands only with my playing, not mining.
    Forgot to say that I use postgre version 8.0.4 if it does matter.
    first time notes creating crushed almost at the end, I mean when blue status nearly reach the end, HM suddenly crushed. and then it crushes immediately I started notes creating.

i created new database and imported hands played by me - firstly it created about 14k notes then crashed. then i crashed much more faster.
    so now i dont think its datamining problem.
    Then i stopped note creation and ran diagnostics. it did not crash: processing hand:18050 notes found:14414 per second:111

by the way, did you try to replicate bug on windows 7 ultimate sp1?

You can go to previous version following such instructions How to use an old version of NoteCaddy - Assaultware Wiki but it's not good fix because next HM2 will force 2.4
    i returned to version 2.3.0.4 and it is working well.
    do you mean that NC 2.3.0.4 will not work on next HM2 fix? or what

Same here.
    Even trying to only create one note at a time (which is really annoying btw Oo) is not working.

This is a very tough situation since I don't know what is causing the problem and it is not happening often otherwise there'd be tons of people in this thread complaining. I made a new build How to make sure you have the very latest NoteCaddy build - Assaultware Wiki with a feature file->settings->database settings->disable batch inserts

This will slow it down a little but won't put too much strain on your db during data persistence

How much memory/cores/disk type do you guys have?