HmHud.exe makes partypoker client freeze
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HmHud.exe makes partypoker client freeze

Hello,

I often have problem with HmHud.exe making partypoker client freeze. What happens is that all the tables become non-responsive and I have go to task manager and kill HmHud.exe and split second later I get my tables back. This happens usually once a session on average.

I am running vista ultimate 32-bit, comodo firewall (both their security levels on "safe) and avast anti-virus. I am running postgres 8.4 though I had this problem on 8.2 already. My db is big (30-40gb, logging is off) and I remove some old observed hands, vacuum/analyze, defrag (with postgres shut down) atleast once a month. I am only importing hands from one folder and the hands get archived.

My friend has same problem. He is on 32-bit w7, running same firewall+antivirus. he has 2 weeks old desktop. his problem is a bit different though. All his tables go white and he says he has to kill all the hem related processes to get the tables back. he is running postgres 8.4 and his db is not big yet as he just bought the computer. all his drivers are updated (i did everything for him so i know).

I have done all the top10 performance tips from your forums other than the re-indexing which was news to me so I have never done that before. Will remove some hands and do it all overnight

appreciate any help

What happens if you are playing without FreePHG?

If that works try to change the Auto-Import settings for your FreePGH folder, don't include subfolders.
    And try the active mode in FreePHG.ini:

# Set this to enable "Active Mode" (*ONLY* use this if the Party client crashes without it).
    USE_ACTIVE_MODE = 0

Thanks for reply

I had old version of fphg (2.14). Didn't know it could be the problem. I have updated it now and will try those changes if it happens again.

ty sir

I have same problem. I m use partyezcash software hotkeys and I think freezes occurs when both partyezcash and HMhud trying take control on table at the same time.

I have exactly the same problem than OP.

Running Wista Home Premium, Avast Antivirus and Windows Defender.

My Database is a little bit smaller. I have also done top 10 tips, removed/purged old hands and vacumm DB but tables still freezes

I haven't understood the FreePHG issue. I would really appreciate if you could explain this for a noob

Thanks in advance

Are you using FreePHG or not?
    If yes look for the ini file in the FreePHG installation folder and open it with a texteditor like notepad.

does hem has any plans on trying to fix the compatibility between party software, hem hud and FPHG?

according to the FPHG developer he has done everything he can to try to minimize the faulty hh's that causes hmhud.exe to crash which freezes the party software

here's FPHG developer's response when I tried to ask him for solution

It's because sometimes FPHG outputs a corrupt hand history and for some reason HEM HUD locks up when it sees it (not sure why it happens more for SNGs than for cash). This in turn then causes the Party client to lock up, whilst giving the false impression that FPHG has caused the crash (ie: if HEM HUD freezes it causes the message queue of the table to stall as well).

Trying to tweak the FPHG settings won't really have any effect as if FPHG finds something that looks like a HH file (but is actaully a corrupted copy that's being moved around in memory) then it will effect both active and passive modes similarly.

In the last version of FPHG I tried hard to make as few of these corrupted hands as possible get output, but really there isn't much more I can do and a certain amount of these has to be expected. To solve the HEM HUD lock-up problem you really need to get onto the HEM people and ask that they fix their parsing / error detection routines so that it doesn't lock up when these corrupt files are encountered.
    for the paying customer we couldn't care less who fixes the problem. I've paid for all the programs that I need that had a fee to pay and since I need both of these programs I would like that all parties are doing all they can to fix the problem

Thanks for reading

Should be any program's responsibility to at least make sure it doesn't crash if input data is not exactly what is expected.

I think its just a wrong configuration.
    Are you using the latest FreePHG version?
    Are you using the FreePHG live feature?
    The live hands folder must not be in the folders of the HEM auto-import.
    For example: if you auto-import hands from c:\freephg\handhistory exclude subfolders for this.

If this doesn't help please attach your Freephg.ini and the file config\holdemmanager.config.

Just fix the hud hand parsing code please.