import problem after downgrading HM

Default import problem after downgrading HM

Hallo,

i tried to update to the latest version, but unfortunately, i did not have enough disk space available for the DB changes that were made with that version...

so i installed my older 1.12.09 again and since then, there are no hands imported.

the installer reported 2 or 3 errors when trying to replace some files (1 error was for hmimport.exe and another one for some DLL file)

i can look at the reports and apply filter just fine. its just that there are no hands imported. the HUD showed stats for party (those werent updating), not for ongame.

regarding the update to 12.10: my database is about 170gb and i have like 10gb free space on that partition. how can i proceed with the update? do i have to move the DB or purge hands? how much space is necessary? i need the update in order to be able to import hands from microgaming. otherwise i wouldve just kept the old version

best regards
    horse

one more thing:
    when i click import, i get an error message:

Player hand error: Fehler25P02: aktuelle transaktion wurde abgebrochen.... please let us know what version of postresql you are running.

i have PostgreSQL 8.4

nevermind, i ran installer as admin now and it seems to work again...

that still leaves the question open, how i am going to update to 12.10 with no disk space left etc??
    or how am i going to get a HM that will import my ladbrokes hands?
    Last edited by horsetranquilizer; 05-22-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Delete all the files in your C:/Program Files(x86)/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/pg_log folder

You need nearly the size of the database as free disk space to perform the update.
    (similarly how you need that much diskspace to perform a vacuum/analyse/reindex or backup/restore the database)

If you can't free up that much diskspace, read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...iveOrPartition
    and move the database, assuming you have more diskspace on a different partition/drive?
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

wow, thats 45GB of log files

hope it works now.. when vacuum analyzing, usually the disk space was enough... otherwise, i guess i need a new harddrive

If the diskspace is not enough.
    You can also just create a new database. Delete the old database.

Reimport all the handhistories in to the new database.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

hallo.

i have a new problem with the update: this time, i get a timeout report and it stops the process

You have two options:
    1> Update to:
    http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa..._25May2012.exe

Create a new database.
    Delete the old database.
    Reimport your hands into the new database.

2> if you don't have your original handhistories... or you need to export your notes/HUD first from the old database, downgrade to: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...sForPastBuilds 1.12.09
    In HM1 export your hands, notes, notes, bonus/rakeback info, etc.

Then update to:
    http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa..._25May2012.exe

Create a new database.
    Delete the old database.
    Reimport your hands into the new database.