Leak Buster omaha release? - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Default well

i know it sounds like i am being a brownnoser,,
    but we are lucky that leakbuster decided to do a soft lunch instead of going through this next week at the "offical lunch".

i mean ..
    1.they found a bug with the program that it wouldnt' go into the build
    2. found a problem with the website so it can accept some purchase or somethinglike that
    (this stuff would of happend next week at the offical lunch and would of been a moe delay for us all.)
    3. now hem is working on a hud problem that has nothing to do with leakbuster therefore it isnt' leakbuster fault.

so it can't be that easily to stick the new module into hem,,
    i mean take a program like wow ,, they have to do public beta testing and all that jazz and even then stuff sneak through the cracks.
    or take modern day release of games, and software and there is constant patches released to fix it or keep it updated.

so be thankful that it is so close that we can taste it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhand View Post
    Your edit here is really poor, can I assume that I already won my Sidebet?

Because I doubt that this is the case, I'll keep my offer open even for today, saying that there won't be a release.

I mean: how crappy can that Softwaredesign be? Simply take the 1.11.6a Build, upgade the LB Modules, Build it and donw. The design must be really really poor if then suddenly something else breks, or you're just not telling the truth :-/
    I edited it right after I posted it (like 5 mins after).

Unfortunately the build decisions are not purely up to our team. We were ready Monday, and issues began happening on HM's website and w/ the build and now the HUD. That sometimes happens in software and I know HM is doing everything they can to resolve the issues. Believe me when I say that we are all frustrated, but everyone is trying to do their best.

There is nothing wrong with the design or anything of that nature. The good news is that the FT HUD issue is supposed to be resolved and HM's team is testing it as we speak. Hopefully it is fixed and we can push the build live.

We share your frustration, but let's agree to have some perspective. Sometimes things happen no matter how much you plan for success.

Quote Originally Posted by Leak Buster Support View Post

We share your frustration, but let's agree to have some perspective. Sometimes things happen no matter how much you plan for success.
    I earn my living from softwaredevelopement too, and that's just a poor excuse for having a very flawed plan, or (as I assume), not much of a plan at all.

Yes, such issues happen, but a) not one after another and b) should they be considered when contacting the customers that WE are (i.e, don't anonce something that's not in your hands)

I'm not that 'thankfull' for that software, feeling you give me something just to my good. In my eyes, YOU should (maybe) be thankfull to have created a software you can earn some money with, and that's highly demanded by a customer base.

So I keep hoping for a release until april...yes, I know, i'm an optimistic guy.

I agree with what you've said (to a certain degree). I'm not sure if you understand that our company and HM are two separate companies. We deliver our product, and then HM creates the build w/ their product.

So when I say it's out of our hands, I mean that there's nothing our company can do at this point. We all have to wait on HM to resolve this issue, and from the current update from them they are abandoning their changes and trying to roll back code to get LB Omaha out.

EDIT: Update - Code successfully rolled back. A new build release should be out within the next hour we were just told.
    Last edited by Leak Buster Support; 03-03-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leak Buster Support View Post

EDIT: Update - Code successfully rolled back. A new build release should be out within the next hour we were just told.
    I guess you never learn my friend, eh