Stars VPP/hand stat and total VPP's stat
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stars VPP/hand stat and total VPP's stat

I play 1/2 limit on stars and HEM is calculating these stats wrong. Is there an update since they changed their awarding system?

Thanks

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=23833

im not sure when beta7 will be out but i think that will be what you are after

Beta 7 is out tonight and the VPP stat is adjusted based on the date of the hand so 2009 it uses the old method, 2010 uses the new method

Roy

Hi Roy, ive just tried beta7 and it looks good however i notice that the old stat is the 'new' old stat..ie 5x.

what i'd like to see is a version of the old stat as it was before this update....the 'old' old stat since the games i play (eg 1/2 to 3/6 limit FR) never used the current old stat....basically being able to see the real old stat for my VIP earn so i can compare to what my current earn rate is is what i (and im sure manyothers) would like to see..hope that makes sense?

thx
    Last edited by OziBattler; 01-11-2010 at 06:24 AM.

There is definately something wrong here in the new beta 7. The new VPP stat which differs beetween hands played before 2010 and now is almost correct but has a slightly incorrectness (NL FR). The old VPP stat which should be there to compare how much less (in case you play FR) or how much more (in case you play SH) you get is way off and completely wrong. Just to inform you.

The issue is probably stemming from the fact that all other games changed to 5x in the middle of last year apart from Fullring (and maybe limit or something, not sure). So I'm guessing the old VPP stat is now 5x (which is fine for all games apart from FR) and the new one is 5.5x.

Does the new VPP stat with HEM beta 7 able to differentiate from 6max and FR? If not, is there an easy way to fix it so it either reads 6x or 5.5x?

ok, didn't realize people needed the original old vpp stat. Right now the new VPP should be correct and it is based on date and size of table.

The "old VPP" is what used to be the "New VPP" before this change. This uses 5x

The original "Stars VPP" which is now off used table size and rake amounts to determine VPP's.

Could you guys provide some feedback on what these should be named? Do you need all 3 of these stats? It is easy enough to add them back in but I want to make sure I get it right

Thanks,
    Roy

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1101 View Post
    Does the new VPP stat with HEM beta 7 able to differentiate from 6max and FR? If not, is there an easy way to fix it so it either reads 6x or 5.5x?
    Currently it uses the # of players so if a full ring table drops to 6 handed then it will use the 6max formula. This will change in a future update but until then this is the best we can do and it should be extremely close to the actual amount

Quote Originally Posted by Rvg72 View Post
    Could you guys provide some feedback on what these should be named? Do you need all 3 of these stats? It is easy enough to add them back in but I want to make sure I get it right

Thanks,
    Roy
    My proposal:

1. "Stars Legacy VPPs" - original ones
    2. "Stars Interim 5x VPPs" - implemented in spring 2009 for "some PokerStars cash tables" (as per this page http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/2009earn/)
    3. "Stars 2010 VPPs"