Visifire exception at startup HM2

Default Visifire exception at startup HM2

Hi I have been recieving an error at startup and have reported it via the send report button. Someone got back to me and asked me to clear out a folder (Windows 7/Vista - C:\Users\\AppData\Local\HoldemManager\) which I did and it didnt work. I have been unable to use the application for a while now and the PT trial has limits on how many hands it can watch

I have the latest version of .NET installed.

Partial error log below:

22:51:10.884 [Main:UIManagerModule.Initialize] UIModule Initializing - Adding Reports tab
    22:51:11.740 [Main:App.App_DispatcherUnhandledException] Exception: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'Visifire.Charts.Chart' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Visifire.Charts.Chart' threw an exception. ---> System.Security.VerificationException: Operation could destabilize the runtime.
    at Visifire.Charts.Chart..cctor()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterServices.nat iveGetUninitializedObject(RuntimeType type)
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterServices.Get UninitializedObject(Type type)
    at System.Xaml.Schema.XamlTypeInvoker.DefaultCtorXaml Activator.CallCtorDelegate(XamlTypeInvoker type)
    at System.Xaml.Schema.XamlTypeInvoker.DefaultCtorXaml Activator.CreateInstance(XamlTypeInvoker type)
    at System.Xaml.Schema.XamlTypeInvoker.CreateInstance( Object[] arguments)
    at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateIn stanceWithCtor(XamlType xamlType, Object[] args)
    at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.CreateIn stance(XamlType xamlType, Object[] args)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReade r xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlR eader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
    at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
    at HoldemManager.Infrastructure.Controls.Replayer.Rep layerControl.InitializeComponent()
    at HoldemManager.Infrastructure.Controls.Replayer.Rep layerControl..ctor()
    at HoldemManager.SplashScreen.<Window_Loaded>b__0()
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCat chWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReade r xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlR eader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
    at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
    at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
    at HoldemManager.Infrastructure.Controls.Replayer.Rep layerControl.InitializeComponent()
    at HoldemManager.Infrastructure.Controls.Replayer.Rep layerControl..ctor()
    at HoldemManager.SplashScreen.<Window_Loaded>b__0()
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

Hi,

I would like to apologize for the issues you are having with HM2, Please duplicate the issue.

Open Windows Event Viewer's in Control Panel > Administrator Tools > Event Viewer and then go to Windows Logs - Applications.

Check for any errors around the time of the info and send the information by copying and pasting any of the errors into notepad.

Thanks
    Holdem Manager Support

I got these following postgre sql errors. in this order.

2012-05-15 23:22:48 BSTERROR: relation "readsettings" already exists
    2012-05-15 23:22:48 BSTSTATEMENT: CREATE TABLE readsettings
    (
    lastid bigint,
    lasttournament bigint,
    databaseversion text,
    lastomahacash bigint,
    lastomahatournament bigint
    )
    WITH (
    OIDS=FALSE
    );
    ALTER TABLE readsettings OWNER TO postgres;

insert into readsettings values(0,0,'12',0,0);

Error 2:

2012-05-15 23:22:48 BSTERROR: relation "notecaddy_data" already exists
    2012-05-15 23:22:48 BSTSTATEMENT: CREATE TABLE notecaddy_data
    (
    player_id integer NOT NULL,
    data text,
    CONSTRAINT ncd PRIMARY KEY (player_id)
    );
    ALTER TABLE notecaddy_data OWNER TO postgres;

Error 3:

2012-05-15 23:22:48 BSTERROR: relation "notecaddy_scatter" already exists
    2012-05-15 23:22:48 BSTSTATEMENT: CREATE TABLE notecaddy_scatter
    (
    player_id integer NOT NULL,
    data text,
    CONSTRAINT ncs PRIMARY KEY (player_id)
    );

Thanks

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Non of that has helped. I have been in contact with support via email aswell and they have also been unable to resolve the problem. I strongly think this is a fault with the Visifire.Charts library. Interestingly a person posted on there site, albiet about the windows 8 developer preview, but the Visifire staff have noted that there is a security issue with the library.

Windows 8 Consumer Preview Crash - Visifire Bugs / Feature Requests - Visifire Forums

In fact, I changed the reference to the latest version of Visifire.Chart library in the metadata of the HoldemManager.Infrastructure library and it now starts. Just seeing if it works completely now.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirez View Post
    In fact, I changed the reference to the latest version of Visifire.Chart library in the metadata of the HoldemManager.Infrastructure library and it now starts. Just seeing if it works completely now.
    And it does. Had to change the reference in a few other libraries but this issue with the Visifire charts was the cause. There was no user control permissions. I will update the support guy I was emailing aswell.