everything has gone wrong, please help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default everything has gone wrong, please help!

Hi I am currently experiencing what appear to be severe problems with my holdem manager I hope someone can help with.

To start with I attempted to begin importing hands during a session earlier but no hud appeared and the hands weren't being imported. Not only this but when I attempted to click 'stop importing' it never actually 'stopped' if that makes sense - the button remained as 'stopping' indefinitely. I downloaded the latest patch to make sure I was up to date, but after installing it I found that when I tried to start hem, I got a message from Windows saying that there was a problem and hem had to shut down, before it had even opened. I restarted my laptop and had the same problem.

I decided to uninstall hem completely and then re-download it. After doing this, it attempts to start but first I get a message saying:

Holdem manager has found some poker sites on your computer and added the auto-import list.....

Then I click OK (the only button) and get the error message:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore tihs error and attempt to continue. If you click quit the app will close immediately.

Could not load file or assembly 'DevComponents.DotNetBar2.Version=8.3.0.0, Culture=neutral. Public Key Token=7eb7c3a35b91de04' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference (Exception from HRESULT:0x80131040).

There is a details tab underneath with a lengthy block of text - I can copy and paste this if necessary.

I should mention that everything was completely fine for months before this. Also UAC is switched off and after disabling my antivirus the problem remains, even though it has never been a problem before.

If I click continue, I get the small hem window showing "initialising database.." but it stays like that indefinitely.

Any assistance that you can provide is greatly greatly appreciated.

Regards, ads

We need a screenshot of the error message.
    We need a description of your computer, operating system, firewall, virusscanner.

And check this:
    * Please try updating to the latest beta version 1.10 Beta 6 from the link in my signature.

* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please answer and post these questions: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=174

After downloading the latest beta I have been able to get back into holdem manager. Unfortunately I am still not able to import new hands/display my hud - it just says auto update did not find any new files. All my auto import folders are the same as they always were, but nothing happens when I click the auto import button. It seems that the previous error message is sorted and my database seems to be intact which is positive

Quote Originally Posted by netsrak View Post
    * Please try updating to the latest beta version 1.10 Beta 6 from the link in my signature.

* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please answer and post these questions: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=174
    Please check this and give us the answers from the FAQ. We need the details to help you.

No problem. As stated I have updated. All of those executables are being run as admin.

Question answers:

1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?

1.10 beta 6

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and which gametype and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?

Full Tilt at the moment - I tried on Party and the hud worked ok.

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?

Yes - basically I just realised that the ftp auto import folder was no longer there so I added it again, and when I clicked start auto import, it once said 28 files found but then they never get imported - no progress is made. When I try to stop the import it gets stuck on 'stopping' and I have to close the program to get back to normal. Upon trying again, it doesn't even recognise the files and just says 'auto-importing' but nothing happens - and then it gets stuck on 'stopping' if I click that (after waiting a while - several minutes with nothing happening)

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?

Yes - they have been this way for many months and worked perfectly.

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?

Yes - the hand history files from my session last night (played without the hud) are indeed in the hand history folder in my PC.

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?

No - no sign of them in my database anywhere.

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?

No - the same thing happens - it appears to 'try' to import them but then nothing happens, and then it gets stuck on 'stopping' again.

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?

I tried but it just said "I cannot find any unattached hands. Please wait until the manager has imported some.

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?

Yes they are written English

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?

Yes it is disabled.

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?

I will attempt to do this.

Except from having the Stars import defined twice the auto-import settings look fine for me.
    You have defined no hero (Hud options -> setup hero name). But that will not solve the problem

Please try the following:
    - reboot your computer
    - crosscheck the administrator settings for dbcontrolpanel.exe, hmhud.exe and holdemmanager.exe. It is very important that you have checked "Run as administrator" in the compatibility tab of the file properties.
    - delete all files in the ftp handhistory folder or move them to a different folder for a later import via import file or import from folder.
    - open a new ftp table and try again.

Hi I've just realised that in the compatibility tab for all those three apps, the 'run as an adminstrator' box is entirely greyed out and I cannot have it checked currently, any idea why this might be or what I can do? Thanks for your assistance I appreciate it.

Switch on User Account control and reboot, then this should be activated.

I've done this and they are now all being run as administrator. When I fired up holdem manager it appears that the hands have been imported somehow - the recent sessions are now in my database. However when i click auto-import the same thing happens (nothing,then gets stuck on 'stopping'.) Do I now need to turn UAC off again?

I did turn UAC back on and reboot but unfortuantely the problem is still there - no auto importing takes place. I should mention that when I choose to import from a specific file it seems to work ok but auto-import and importing from a folder both failed