HM2 taking up my Local Disk C: space. Almost full =(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HM2 taking up my Local Disk C: space. Almost full =(

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ok... so basically i use this computer 95% for Poker and i know i have imported and reimported a bunch of hands a few times into HM1 and HM2 so i know it's most likely my fault that my C drive is almost full. Problem is that i suck with computers so i dont know what to delete/how to clean things up etc in order to free up a bunch of space... i tried looking for some folders that took up a lot of space and "PostgreSQL" seems to be taking up about 50 Gig which is the most i could find but when i got into it and into the "data" folder there are just a bunch of weird files and i dont know what they mean mannn i suck and my C Drive is almost full which i imagine cant be a good thing at all

Help!

I just emptied my Recycle Bin which gave me 8 GB of extra space lol. I still want more though... Is there a way i can merge my C: and E: to they work together? That would solve my problem... At the moment my E: is just sitting there.

Delete the content of the C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.x/data/pg_log folder

You can't delete other files, which contain the actual database.

1 million hands takes up =
    HM1: 6.8 GB
    HM2: 4.3 GB
    PT4: 13.6 GB
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Windows + a 10 million hand database will only use 100 GB.

So surely there's something else installed/downloaded on C--> you can move to the other partition.
    Also try running CCleaner: Download CCleaner 3.18.1707 - FileHippo.com
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Windows + a 10 million hand database will only use 100 GB.

So surely there's something else installed/downloaded on C--> you can move to the other partition.
    Also try running CCleaner: Download CCleaner 3.18.1707 - FileHippo.com
    Ok well i found out that i actually had 5 Databases so i deleted them all except the one i am using at the moment and the one called "postgres" because i dont know what that does and everything seems much better Deleting the unused databases freed up an extra 50 GB! Is there a way to merge my C and E drive together so that this doesnt happen again? Or am i best leaving it separate? My E Drive has 756 GB free and i barely use it!

Sorry for being a noob and thanks!

You can merge them with a program like 'partition magic'.
    You can also opt to install PostgreSQL to drive E--> and move the database, read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...iveOrPartition

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Delete the content of the C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.x/data/pg_log folder

You can't delete other files, which contain the actual database.

1 million hands takes up =
    HM1: 6.8 GB
    HM2: 4.3 GB
    PT4: 13.6 GB

I am having the same problem and I have two 112 GB SSDs. I looked at the PG_log folder size which is 4.5GB. The base folder is very large. Is there something else I can do to free up space? Do all my NC definitions make a difference?
    Last edited by gotcha55; 05-22-2012 at 02:04 PM.

The base folder is the actual database. You can't delete any files in this folder.

The HM2: 1 million hands = 4.3 GB is without using NC definitions. With NC notes it will use substantially more space.
    I usually just assume I need 10 GB diskspace for every million hands. Do you have a 12+ million hand database?

DiskSpace.pngtest.png

I am not sure how big my database is, but its the only thing on my D: drive. I have a HDD also. I have 1.25TB of space with all 3, there must be something I can do.

Can I get a TV session for someone to help with this? Any other options? Do I need to buy a larger SSD? If so how long will it take to get all the data on it?