Understanding stats and terminology

Default Understanding stats and terminology

Hi,

I am not an experienced poker player and have just started using HM2 to improve my game. So far, all seems to work fine but I don't have a clue what to do with the information provided. I have searched through the knowledgebase and found the defenitions on, for example, the HUD stats but it is not clear to me what to do with that information. An example is VPIP, from the knowledgebase I now understand it stands for the voluntarily money put into the pot but I would be interested to learn how to interpreted this number and understand how it can support my game.

Would any of you be able to point me to the right section where I can get further explanation on the stats and terminology?

Many thanks,
    Graham

Read: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+stats+mean%3F

I'll take VPIP as an example.
    How to interpret it: highly depends on what game you play (HU, 6max, full ring), No Limit, Pot Limit, Limit, what stakes, etc.

VPIP = percentage of hands someone plays. (volantarily puts money into the pot...)
    You'll only get a 'playable' hand 1 out of 10 hands. (pair, AK, AQ, AJs)

So if you see a player in the pot whose VPIP stat is 10, you'll have a good idea what type of hands / range of hands he has.
    (assuming he only plays the best hands)
    If his VPIP is 25: he's likely also play ANY Ace, suited connector etc.

Go over PokerStove: PokerStove: Poker Software and Analysis to see which percentage is linked to which range.

Basic HUD:
    VPIP / PFR / AGG (aggression factor)

Aggression factor is calculated (Bet + Raise) / Call (checking or folding has no effect).

<1: player DOES NOT BLUFF. He only VALUE BETS, he only CBETS when he has HIT, he only RAISES when he has hit the board (of has an overpair), etc.
    1.5-2.5 Player will often CBET even when he's missed the flop, or will occasionally bet a DRAW, but he won't do anything crazy, so it's difficult to know how strong he really is
    3+ Player will: donkbet, always cbet, bet AND raise his draws, probe bet, double barrel, ABUSE his position, BLUFF when a scarecard hits, capable to BET a missed draw on the RIVER, etc. etc. Of course he also VALUEBETS his strong hands.

---

Read: post 7, 9 and 11 from http://forums.holdemmanager.com/shar...-question.html
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here