Several problems after 1.12.10 update
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Several problems after 1.12.10 update

Hi,

I have had several problems with my HM1 since last Wednesday and I'm getting sick of it. It started out with Nordicbet (Micro Gaming) launched a client update and the same time I couldn't import hands into HM1. I went on holiday later that day and returned yesterday and was told to update my HM1 to the 1.12.10 version, which I did. When I was done updating I opened my HM1 - or I tried to. The program froze and gave me this message:

"An error occured while updating your DB (Big pots support): A timeout has occured. If you were establishing a connection, increase

Timeout value in ConnectionString. If you were executic a command, increate the CommandTimeout value in ConnectionString or in your NpgsqlCommand object.

Please close down any programs accessing the database and relaunch HM."

I solved this problem by doing all the things "netsrak" recommended in this thread: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...st-update.html (Downgrade to 1.12.09, create an empty database, upgrade to 1.12.10 again and this time it worked. I restored my new "empty" database with a backup from my previous database and opened HM1, which still worked.

Now I was ready to play. A few new things occurred:
    1: HUD stats on turbo-tables wasn't fitted in as on all they other tables (HUD-boxes was placed randomly) but this I fixed by dragging them to where the were supposed to be (the boxes on the other tables wasn't affected by this as the would normally(?).

2: HUD stats on the Anon-tables was only for this session. Normally I have to double-click the HUD-box to get stats from this session, but this time it only showed stats for current session, even if I double-clicked it still did.

3 (Which is my current problem and don't know how to fix): HM1 isn't importing all hands. According to HM1 my last session I won 427€, but I know for a fact that I lost 150€-ish, so clearly somethings wrong.

Also my computer have been "working" a lot since I've did the update. I can hear it much louder than normally because it is working and my CPU-use is 2-5% when I'm just idling in windows, where is used to be just 0-1%. And when I'm trying to "refresh" my hands under "Sessions" in HEM it takes a million years compared to what it used to take.

Hope for help quickly, because this sucks

Sincerely,

Lasse.
    Last edited by Lasse N; 04-09-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa..._08Apr2012.exe

For W7 and Vista you m ust set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates./
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I'm using Windows XP pro and Avira Antivirus - nothing differences from before the update.

I updated to the version you requested and this time it did "restucture" my database properly and without the program freezing or anything. But I still have trouble importing hands. It isn't importing all hands that I play. And the HUD on anon-tables are random, it just starts counting from a random number of hands when I sit down e.g. I already have 6 hands on one villain and 8 on another. Some tables even up to 100 hands even though it's anon-tables and it is supposed to show "this session only"-stats.

I have added exceptions to HEM in my windows firewall and my windows is up-to-date on all fronts.

Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I tried update again and this time the stats on the anon-tables actually works how it's suppose to, so thanks for that.

But my HEM still ain't importing all hands - more like half of all hands. Last session I tried marking some key hands in the "review-box" on the tables. You know the box where you can click the last two hands or choose to scroll down and find the previous hands on the table. After the session I tried to find the hands I marked under my session in HEM but they wasn't there. So by the look of things, HEM detecs all the hands on the tables but doesn't get them into my "Sessions" and results.

Hello

Well i have a problem, i do everything you said up. install 1.12.10 - create a new database - and then when i try to restore my backup database dont let me cause something "timed out"

It open ok with a new database, but when i try to use my old database or restore my old HM1 freeze trying to open and get the error "timed out"

Why? Can i ever use my databse? its huge but i need it!

ty

Reimport your hands into the new database.
    Run a import from folder on your archive folder.

So you have no solution to my problem?

Update to: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...12a.exe%20.exe

Check if you have better performances after reimporting your hands into a NEW empty database.

I now updated to the recent version you linked, created a new database, restored it with all the hands prior to the update (9th April) and after that imported all the hands after the update (10th April to today) and this time it imported all the hands correctly and everything seems to work.

Now I just have to test if it actually imports right while I'm playing, but since this is working, it should work too. I will return with a, hopefully last, reply tomorrow.

Big thanks for your time, I really appreciate it. You made my day!