New User - Problems.

Default New User - Problems.

Hi,

just installed. Here's a list of the problems I'm encountering:

First of all - My HUD only shows an asterik ( * ) for player stats. I have used HEM before, but I have a pro license now but it's still not working for me. I did a fresh install of postgresql and HEM.

Second - I have data from autoimport, but I can't get the players to show up on the Players tab (same goes for cash tab, tourney tab, etc...). If i run a tourney report tab, it shows my stats, but I still don't see an option for any other player.

Third - My Auto-Import does not work in the sense that it keeps auto-importing the same files and the duplicate file count keeps reading the same as the # of hands I have. I've had older versions that say "auto-importer did not find any new files to process" even when I was playing live and it was autoupdating the HUD.

Please help! This is frustrating. I'm very savvy and technical with computers so please offer any amount of info that you can. Thanks.

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 or else you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. Windows 7 you MUST set all the executables to always run as admin.

Quote Originally Posted by jagshemes View Post
    Hi,

just installed. Here's a list of the problems I'm encountering:

First of all - My HUD only shows an asterik ( * ) for player stats. I have used HEM before, but I have a pro license now but it's still not working for me. I did a fresh install of postgresql and HEM.
    1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
    2) Delete your existing HUD Prefs files, so HM will rebuild them to default.
    3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml
    4) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and test on a single cash table.

Second - I have data from autoimport, but I can't get the players to show up on the Players tab
    That tab is for running filtered searches on your entire DB according to the filters/criteria and report selected on the left side-bar. The default report is for players from this month with 1k hands. Broaden the search filters.

(same goes for cash tab, tourney tab, etc...). If i run a tourney report tab, it shows my stats, but I still don't see an option for any other player.
    This quote, and the one before it are confusing me a little. What does it say for Players (xx,xxx)? Cash Games > Reports > Click 'Change' and search your name. Do not click the drop-down arrow. That opens a list of previously searched names.

Third - My Auto-Import does not work in the sense that it keeps auto-importing the same files and the duplicate file count keeps reading the same as the # of hands I have.
    It sounds like you configured your auto import folders and/or your archive folder incorrectly.

Search our FAQs for your poker site setup guide - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx

Make sure your archive folder is setup somewhere completely different, so there is no chance of auto importing from the archive folder.

Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=56

If that doesnt help Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
    - To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
    - Click this and attach the file.

Thank you. Problems solved. Appreciate it.