Couple Questions about River Call Eff stat.

Default Couple Questions about River Call Eff stat.

I'm basically trying to figure out the best way to use this stat.

It says that River Call EFF$ = Net $ won from making river calls (or check calls) on RIVER.
    However if I filter by River actions and select Call and Check Call my total $ is not even close to the River call EFF stat. Shouldn't it be the same?

For River Call Efficiency, it says is the avg return per $1 on river calls/check calls.
    My question is could we compare this stat to Went to showdown and won at showdown. By that I mean if we only went to showdown with the nuts every time our won at showdown would be huge % but not optimal.

Would this be true for River Call Efficiency as well? If we only called river with the nuts the # would be huge but we would only do it very few times. But if we called more often the # would be lower however doing it more times = higher profit even though # is lower.

Make sense?

If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks

Looking into this more I can't figure out how the River Call Eff$ is calculated... I've taken a small sample of like 5 river calls and tried to figure it out but couldn't.

Basically I'm trying to use this stat to figure out if my River calls are effective or leaks....

When sorting by River calls and check calls my overall $ says negative but River Call Eff$ is positive.

So example lets say over 10 hands overall $ I am -$1000 but River Call Eff$ stat says +$1000. Does this mean that even though I lost $ overall on these hands I still made $ by making the calls as if I would have just folded them all I would have lost more?

Wouldn't the following be the best way to calculate this stat:

For winning hands: Say we call $20 on River to win $100 pot we would be +$80.

For Losing hands: We call $20 on River to win $100 pot but we lose, we would be -$20. (because if we folded we would have saved the $20)

So over those 2 hands our total River Call EFF$ should be +$60. However when I try to do it like that it doesn't add up to that in HEM currently.

River Call Net$

1) Only looks at hands where you Called or Check Called the River. Bet Call / Raise Call etc are skipped.

2) If you lose then it is the amount of the call and if you win then it it the total amount won - the call amount.

River Call Efficiency

1) Same condition as above
    2) Total Amount won (or lose) on River Calls divided by Total amount of river calls

Roy

I think there might be some problems with the calculations then... Because as you've stated the same as I thought in my post... however going over smaller samples of hands and manually doing it it doesn't add up as you mentioned.

And I filtered for only call or check/call on river... no bet call etc...

So i'm not sure whats wrong...

Thanks for your time

Can you attach the HH where it dosent add up and well have a look
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by IFORGET View Post
    I'm basically trying to figure out the best way to use this stat.

It says that River Call EFF$ = Net $ won from making river calls (or check calls) on RIVER.
    However if I filter by River actions and select Call and Check Call my total $ is not even close to the River call EFF stat. Shouldn't it be the same?

For River Call Efficiency, it says is the avg return per $1 on river calls/check calls.
    My question is could we compare this stat to Went to showdown and won at showdown. By that I mean if we only went to showdown with the nuts every time our won at showdown would be huge % but not optimal.

Would this be true for River Call Efficiency as well? If we only called river with the nuts the # would be huge but we would only do it very few times. But if we called more often the # would be lower however doing it more times = higher profit even though # is lower.

Make sense?

If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks
    Where is this information?

Also, this stat is nice, is there a 'River value bet efficiency' in the works?

Hi, Its in the stats selection in reports TAB under the river section, value bet efficency isnt currently being worked on but Feel free to make your suggestions here:
    Customer Feedback & Ideas for HoldemManager
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by morny View Post
    Hi, Its in the stats selection in reports TAB under the river section, value bet efficency isnt currently being worked on but Feel free to make your suggestions here:
    Customer Feedback & Ideas for HoldemManager
    Thanks, but I meant where do I find the detailed information on what each stat actually means? The FAQ on the web doesn't seem to have all the stats listed.

Hi, currently we have covered all the stats in the hud here: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Stat Definitions but your right that some of the stats in reports isnt covered, were synching the stats in the reports and hud soon and when we do that well document any missing ones

Quote Originally Posted by Rvg72 View Post
    River Call Efficiency

2) Total Amount won (or lose) on River Calls divided by Total amount of river calls

Roy
    Hey Roy!

Lets assume we have player A and player B (for instance they both play nl20)

Player A have made 10 river calls and won $10 overall on his river calls.
    Player B have made 10 river calls and won $20 overall on his river calls.

So player A River Call Efficiency is $10\10 = 1 and player B River Call Efficiency is $20\10 = 2.

Does this mean the higher your Riv Call Eff the better it is?

Also I am intrested in what does "Total Amount won (or lose) on River Calls divided by Total amount of river calls" really mean? Does it $ or bb?
    Because if we use $ instead of big blinds then the result will be affected by the stakes the player plays.
    Last edited by omm; 08-05-2010 at 09:33 AM.