optimaze HM2!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: optimaze HM2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Call1Call2 View Post
    The program itsself needs 40 sec to open

hdd is from western digital 500GB with

Run a benchmark with CrystalDiskMark: CrystalDiskMark - Software - Crystal Dew World
    and post the results: (which looks like)

I'm guessing the harddisk is performing extreme poor.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

:/.
    So should I buy a new ssd and put hm and postgres there?

Yes/and No.

Yes: it seems the biggest bottleneck of your computer is the harddisk.
    Your 8 million hand database, combined with the slow harddisk (especially the 4k read performance) results in disaster when using HM2. (disaster in: startup time, time to run reports, slow import speeds, etc.)

Having said that, HM2 does have higher system requirements than HM1, and it's startup time will always take longer than HM1.
    Startup time on my 'super' SSD computer is still 20 seconds for HM2. (vs 6 seconds for HM1)
    (So the SSD won't completely solve that, but will significantly improve overall performance.
    Hilips -on the previous page- has a point in saying the SSD won't solve the user interface transitions, etc. Some users call the HM2 interface 'unresponsive': you can compare it to (Microsoft Office's) Word 2003/2007 vs Word 2010, where Word 2010 with the ribbon interface feels just completely different.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Ok, I will consider adding 1 sdd. But I dont want to get complete new computer just because hm2, because it is so much effort.

I hope you can still optimize it and the userinterface (why would it take 3x as long to load on your pc? does it do 3x as many things?, why would an interface be that slow even if you have almost no data?)

I would agree that the gui it feels unresponsive, but besides it actually being unresponsive it feels instable, changing between tabs is very slow and instead of making it feel atleast smooth you get tons of lag with every klick you do. (changing to external things like tablescanner, notecaddy is even worse). Maybe it has a good design but there is no point if it is very unconfortable to use.I prefer to avoid klicking in hm2 as much as possible and that should not be the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Call1Call2 View Post
    why would it take 3x as long to load on your pc?

It loads (part of the) the database to your RAM.
    If you run a report this also takes LONGER than HM1, but it will cache the report to memory.
    So if you open a different report--> and then switch BACK to the report it's instantly loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Run a benchmark with CrystalDiskMark: CrystalDiskMark - Software - Crystal Dew World
    and post the results: (which looks like)

I'm guessing the harddisk is performing extreme poor.
    Why to buy new hardware if someone can bay much more cheapier program from competition and be happy because it run faster is more stable and ZOOM HUD is much more efficient?! Why i need to change it?! Why you can not optimaze it?! Why you say that someones PC run poorly when PT4 runs smoothly on my PC...

Challenge for everyone:

Import a million hands into PT4.
    Run any report, or try to view a graph. Or click refresh.

PT4 only runs smoothly when the database is empty.

--

Your hardddisk performance is great. (I have a Intel X-25M G2 myself)
    What's your CPU, RAM, etc.?

Hey Patvs i have wined about the laggynes of HEM2 before and will start all over again. Today i played a session of games that i don't usually play it mean that i have very little stats on my opponents and it seemed to work much faster compared to the games that i usually play where i have stats on players and i even rolled back to HEM1 and imported all my 200k hands form the games that i usually and it is laggy to soo i guess there is no problem in between HEM versions maybe there is an issue with PostgreSQL i currently use 9.1 but as far as i can remember the laggynes happened with older Postgre to. Or i need to update my system

AMD Phenom2 x4 2.8GHz
    6GB of RAM
    Intel SSD X25
    ATI Radeon HD 5700

Please tell is there if there is anything that i can use to upgrade my system that will help me run HEM faster?

Thanks

For HM2, don't use PostgreSQL 9.1.
    Use 8.4.11 instead.

You think this may have been the cause of the laggy hud and some of the crashes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    For HM2, don't use PostgreSQL 9.1.
    Use 8.4.11 instead.