Fixed Limit - NC help

Default Fixed Limit - NC help

After searching around a bit, I cannot find any threads specific to Fixed Limit games.

I'm new to NC, especially to creating note definitions and will have some general questions. I intend to update this thread with answers for other Fixed Limit players.

Questions:
    In Fixed Limit, which bet size should I select under actions? I've tried min-bet and that doesn't seem right.

Which parts of NC can I generally ignore because of the constraints of a fixed betting structure?

Which existing definitions are most applicable to Fixed Limit games?

1.) for FL it is always a min. bet/raise
    2.) stuff like (effective) stack size, betsize
    3.) all that you need... all these shove, StealFoldsToBlindThreeBet, halfpot etc. definitions can be ignored
    for FL I focus on openraise/3bet defs, fold to 3bet F/T/R, 3barrel handrange, and separate HU(on SH or FR tables) or Multiway definitions

for all: you don΄t need to switch all other actions off because it will ever be recognize correctly for Fixed Limit , you can΄t make an overbet, potbet or something like that.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Pre flop and flop everything is "min" but turn and river it's "small". In reality you can just select all bet sizes. You can use the test environment NoteCaddy test environment to determine what each action is classified as in NC.

If you're going to do customizations please read this tutorial http://wiki.assaultware.com/Best-pra...efinition.ashx

thanks both, small bet on turn & river explains ... a lot.

Hi!

Im only playing Fixed Limit Holdem and try to adapt the note output via the Note Output editor.
    Problem is that I dont know how a lot of things(like Call 2-N Bet ect) translates into Fixed Limit.
    I just need Check, Call, Raise, Reraise, Cap and the combinations like Check/Raise, Raise/Call.
    Can anyone help with that?

Thanks!

Greets
    HP

If you click pre flop->actions or flop->actions all of these will be listed there. Each has a lightning bolt next to it that you can click where it will show you examples. You can understand it from that
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    If you click pre flop->actions or flop->actions all of these will be listed there. Each has a lightning bolt next to it that you can click where it will show you examples. You can understand it from that
    Trying it another way with searching for HHs with a specific action and putting it in the test enviroment to see what the name is in NC.
    Already found a problem:
    The term "Nbet" is used for two very different actions:

A: calls €10
    B: folds
    C: calls €10
    D: calls €10
    E: calls €5
    F: raises €10 to €20
    A: raises €10 to €30
    C: calls €20
    D: calls €20
    E: folds
    F: raises €10 to €40
    Betting is capped
    A: calls €10
    C: calls €10
    D: calls €10

For player D the test enviroment tells me that it was the following actions:
    OpenLimp(Isnt it rather a Call or Overlimp because he didnt Limp first in=Openlimp?)
    LimpCall(Isnt it a LimpCall3bet so you can distinguish to a limp and a call to a single raise?)
    NBet

2. hand:
    A raises $22.50 to $30
    B raises $30 to $45
    A raises $30 to $60
    B raises $30 to $75

Player B:
    ThreeMinBet
    NBet

So in hand 1 the player overlimped, called a 3bet and called a cap which is called a Nbet.
    In 2 he 5bet and thats a NBet also!

Confused...

Thanks!
    Greets
    HP

There isn't a unique action for every possible combination which is why the "N" actions are there. Indeed they will mean different things. Typically, people who want to catalog every possible action make individual definitions along with action sequences outlining exactly what they had in mind.

The idea is to have some quick data without overwhelming people with thousands of combinations and then give the ability to make everything custom if that doesn't meat someone's needs.
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)