LeakBuster error message - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Followed the link you posted and carried out all steps, also followed all the steps on the linked page to add exceptions and disable windows defender/firewall. I also added all mentioned files to 'Trusted Applications' in Kaspersky and added exceptions for each so they are not scanned (files, network traffic, etc.) but unfortunately it's still the same.

Really don't know what else to try

Just for completenesss I have pasted below the exact error message I receive:

Npgsql.NpgsqlException:
    Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'.
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlClosedState.Open(NpgsqlConnector context)
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.Open()
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.GetPooledConnector(Npgs qlConnection Connection)
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestPooledConnectorI nternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection)
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestPooledConnector( NpgsqlConnection Connection)
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestConnector(Npgsql Connection Connection)
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.Open()
    at PostgresConnection.f_OlDbReader(String query)
    at eval_m.eval_b(Boolean A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, Boolean A_3, DateTime A_4, DateTime A_5)
    at eval_m.eval_b(Boolean A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, Boolean A_3, Boolean A_4)
    at LeakBuster2._.Mainf.eval_b(Object A_0, DoWorkEventArgs A_1)

Note: I initially had PostgreSQL installed by the PT3 installer. I since removed it (PT3 and PostgreSQL) and installed PostgreSQL I downloaded from the link you provide on your site. As the Postgres user account was already created, during installation I had to enter the user account password as setup by PT3 (svcPASS83). The DB pass is the default used by HEM (postgrespass). I don't see this as an issue as HEM connects fine, it is only when LeakBuster tries to access the DB that it fails.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks.

Just to clarify, is this the stand alone version of Leak Buster, or the one that is integrated inside the tab of HEM?

It's a permissions issue with connection to the DB. I've asked the developer for some other ideas of how to get it functioning. Because like I said, Leak Buster connects to the database the exact same way HEM does.

It's a problem anytime something is blocking access, and it can work with some parts of the database if a file is not blocked by your firewall, and then others not work. See below:
    http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=5561

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/t...?postid=148248
    Last edited by Leak Buster Support; 10-21-2009 at 09:43 PM.

This may also be it, because depending on when your OS updated, it may not be looking at the localhost.

1: Go to "C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc" and open the "hosts" file with notepad
    2: Delete existing text
    3: Enter "127.0.0.1 localhost"
    4: Save the file
    5: Restart PostgreSQL service

I have tried everything as per the link with no joy. Still get the same message. Leak Buster should just use the database settings in HM anyway right? I have no problems connecting with HM.

Edit; just read the above which I will try tonight.

hello i install in my windows another user account. i reinstall in this new user acount my holdem manager and posgresq . my holdem manager work but i can't register my leak buster. how fix this problem?thx. i atach print screen

Ok I have tried modifying the hosts file and it has not worked. I wonder if reinstalling PostgreSQL would help?

Quote Originally Posted by Enecosse View Post
    Ok I have tried modifying the hosts file and it has not worked. I wonder if reinstalling PostgreSQL would help?
    You also need to re-start your service, or re-boot your computer as well.

I know that in the release candidate that should be coming out, that according to the developer, the permissions for Leak Buster is changed and should solve this. There is a way to manually do this, but unfortunately he was sick today, so I didn't get a complete response from him on this.

We'll figure it out soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by ghenghea View Post
    hello i install in my windows another user account. i reinstall in this new user acount my holdem manager and posgresq . my holdem manager work but i can't register my leak buster. how fix this problem?thx. i atach print screen
    If you just updated to the latest beta, you will need a new registration code. Just PM me with your e-mail and we'll get it to you.

No luck with the above suggestions, guess i'll wait until the new rc is available and try that.
    FYI the version I am using is the one built into HEM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dackjaniels View Post
    No luck with the above suggestions, guess i'll wait until the new rc is available and try that.
    FYI the version I am using is the one built into HEM.

Thanks
    Yes, I believe it was released tonight, but they are calling it beta 41. I know the developer changed a couple of things with how LB is passing data to HEM. This is what our first thought on the permission issue may be. Let me know how it works. If not, we can schedule to do a remote session and check it out for you.