How to make HM2 NOT delete the files from the Hand history directories?

Default How to make HM2 NOT delete the files from the Hand history directories?

I just installed HM2, it just removed the files from the HH directorie.

To be honest, I donīt think this should the default behavior from HM2. It should ask you "Do you want HM2 to move your files to the database".

How can I configure it NOT to do it?

It doesn't delete them.
    It moves them to the archive folder, default C:/HM2Archive -nicely sorted by year/month/day, where it leaves them in its original formatting.

It has to do this, otherwise your auto import folders will be too cluttered with old handhistory files and it will take longer for the HUD to appear.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    It doesn't delete them.
    It moves them to the archive folder, default C:/HM2Archive -nicely sorted by year/month/day, where it leaves them in its original formatting.

It has to do this, otherwise your auto import folders will be too cluttered with old handhistory files and it will take longer for the HUD to appear.
    HI there.

I understand HM2 doesnīt delete them and just moves it to the archive. But Iīd rather have copy them to the archive but keep the HHs files in their original place too. How can I do this?

Also, why would keeping the HHs files in their original directory make the HUD slower?

What you're suggesting is not recommended.
    If you keep the hands in the original HH folder--> when you start the import--> it will first reimport ALL the old hands it finds, and when they're all imported and it finds a NEW handhistory file of your current session--> then the HUD will appear.

So you'll create a huge delay before the HUD appears.

But you can turn off archiving if you really want to keep the hands in the original folder.
    Hand Importing--> Auto Import Folders--> Edit a Folder's settings
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here