NOTECADDY Quick Q&A thread - Page 138
Page 138 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1422

Quote Originally Posted by minifruit View Post
    Thanks for your reply. On my main HUD, I have stats showing how often a players RFIs from each position. I would like to make a pop-up for each of those stats in which Note Caddy shows me which hands the opponent was seen opening for each position (EP and MP being most important here). For "steal" positions, I can use the default steal pop-up because it contains Note Caddy notes which show their RFI hands. But I'm lost for the other positions. I figure it involves making some custom pop-ups with the pop-up designer using the Note Caddy Heat Map option, but I can't seem to figure out how to get this done.
    Hi minifruit,

In order for a definition to be eligible to be used as a heatmap, you'll want to make sure the definition has the variable "$cardrange" in its description, and it has "Use CaddySpark" enabled in its HUD Options tab.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonMartin View Post
    HI is it possible to show notes only for one limit, lets say i play nl25 and nl10 so when i play nl10 id like to see notes which were created when i was playing nl10 and same for nl25...?
    Hi AstonMartin,

The only way I can think to make this work is to have different definition versions for each nl25 and nl10. You can set the Big Blind size in the Pre Flop tab of the definitions. So for example if you had the definition "OpenRaise", you could modify it to "OpenRaise(nl25)" and "OpenRaise(nl10)". For "OpenRaise(nl25)" you could set Minimum and Maximum Big Blind to $0.25" for example.

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Hi minifruit,

In order for a definition to be eligible to be used as a heatmap, you'll want to make sure the definition has the variable "$cardrange" in its description, and it has "Use CaddySpark" enabled in its HUD Options tab.
    Forgive me for my slowness, I actually have spent quite some time researching this before asking you again But I just can't seem to get this done. The heat map (open raises early) that I want to appear in my custom popup (which will be connected to my RFI EP HUD stat) contains the variable you mentioned in its definition, and it also has "Use Caddy Spark" enabled. But no dice. This is what I do: In the popup designed, I click on a cell, then I choose the NC heat map (open raises early), and then I click apply. But nothing appears in the popup in my replayer except a grey, empty popup. Any ideas as to what I am missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by minifruit View Post
    Forgive me for my slowness, I actually have spent quite some time researching this before asking you again But I just can't seem to get this done. The heat map (open raises early) that I want to appear in my custom popup (which will be connected to my RFI EP HUD stat) contains the variable you mentioned in its definition, and it also has "Use Caddy Spark" enabled. But no dice. This is what I do: In the popup designed, I click on a cell, then I choose the NC heat map (open raises early), and then I click apply. But nothing appears in the popup in my replayer except a grey, empty popup. Any ideas as to what I am missing here?
    Hi minifruit,

It would show a small blank box if there are no known hands yet. Did you try checking on somebody with more hands? Have you processed your hands with that definition either by running pending tasks, or resetting and reprocessing your notes?

Pending Tasks - Assaultware Wiki
    How to reset NoteCaddy notes - Assaultware Wiki

Hi again, sometimes notecaddy seems to create double notes, lets say a guy folds vs delayed c-b OOP (i had 0(2) already on him) and and after a while it shows up as 50(4) as he folded twice vs del c-b i checked if the guy was on some other tables but he was just on one table and its not the the first time this happens (i had a note which says that a guy bets open ended str8 draw when x to and same as before it shows up as OESD-2 but it was only once...)

any idea what is goinf on ?

About efficiency as relating to complexity of note (speed of creating, storing and retrieving notes)

How does setting more filters for a note effect it's efficiency?
    Lets compare a note like open raise to the same note adding the checkbox "[x] Had not to be all-in"

The note now has to check one more property of each scanned hand. Does this make the note creation process slower?
    If yes, then linearly (meaning checking 3 properties of the hand to 4 properties increases the time by 33%)?
    Are the some checkboxes which hardly add to processing speed, but some which do take a while to query?
    Are betsize queries fast or slow? Board texture? Doesn't matter, one note is one note?

How about speed of storing and retrieving the note (I assume would be uneffected)?

Thanks!

What's the fastest way to filter for position? Fast in the sense of making note creation quick.

1) Preflop tab, general, check boxes
    2) Preflop tab, general, distance from button
    3) Preflop tab, action seq, position dropdown
    4) Preflop tab, action seq, distance from button

Another speed question

I have a situation in which the note recipient can respond in 3 interesting ways: Fold, Call, Raise (think fold to 3bet, call 3bet, 4bet)

Which option is better from a performance standpoint:
    1) Define all 3 stats explicitly
    2) Define 2 stats explicitly, define the third as composite stat using simple 1-x-y formula

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
    Another speed question

I have a situation in which the note recipient can respond in 3 interesting ways: Fold, Call, Raise (think fold to 3bet, call 3bet, 4bet)

Which option is better from a performance standpoint:
    1) Define all 3 stats explicitly
    2) Define 2 stats explicitly, define the third as composite stat using simple 1-x-y formula
    Like always when it's Poker-related......it depends

For note-creation-speed option 2. should obv be faster as there's less data to write back to the database, but in game the additional composite should give your computer a harder time as it's calculated life and it requires to pull the data of 2 definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by NoteCaddy Predator View Post
    For note-creation-speed option 2. there's less data to write back to the database,

But in game the additional composite should give your computer a harder time as it's calculated live requires to pull the data of 2 definitions.
    Thanks for the answer.

So composites are not written to the database, they are always computed on the fly?
    Are the composites cached differently from the other stats?