Hi all!

I just installed PostgreSQL and Hold'Em Manager for the first time but I can't make it work. In the past I already installed PostgreSQL, or also MySQL, and everything went fine, now unfortunately it doesn't. I already read all the messages in the other thread about the connection issues (Still Can't Connect to PosgreSQL? Try This!), I searched the forums and Googled a bit but I couldn't find anything useful. Probably my error is very stupid but I can't figure it out.

First of all, here are the errors I get when I launch HM:
An error occurred while retrieving the imported file list: Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'.
And following:
An error occurred when retrieving the player list: Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'.
Please note that:
  • I downloaded the latest Postgres version and the latest HM patch;
  • I use XP;
  • My firewall, Jetico, is disabled;
  • I tried to uninstall and reinstall Postgres several times, and since I thought I remembered that the service "Secondary Logon" should've been enabled, I enabled it;
  • If I connect HM Database Management, it shows me the database(s) in the Database Control Panel and a can create new ones; I get the error when clicking on "Start Holdem Manager", after the splash screen. Doesn't this mean that it can connect to Postgres?

Maybe I forgot to check something but I really can't figure out what the issue is. HM starts and I can't do anything. But what I really can't understand is why the software can create the databases, if then it just doesn't connect.

Also: is it normal that Postgres is now showed as an user account when I start the system, and I've to choose my default account? I've searched a bit about this, thinking that could be the problem, but had no luck finding an answer.

I was not sure if I should open a thread for this, but the other one was closed and the main one about Postgres seems for people who's updating, while the mine is a new install, so I thought this was the best option. I just hope I'll be able to use HM, and in case it's something really stupid (well, I hope so :-) ), I apologize in advance :-)