I just started playing on Lock Poker. I noticed today that hands were missing from my Lock Poker (merge network) records. The hand HAS been imported, but doesn't show up in reports. (I know because when I do a player search, 410 hands show next to the player name - and only 409 show up in reports, despite clearing filters that aren't there anyway). When re-importing the hands into a new DB, all 410 hands show up. I read that when these hands appear in a new database, and not the old, it usually means your database is corrupted.
I read that reindexing the database could help. I did try this but it appeared to be stuck after about 5 minutes, the OK button was greyed out, and I only had the option to cancel. I didn't try doing it again.
I've had corrupt databases 7 times. I always find it annoying to reimport around 1.6 million hands since it takes so long. Most of these have been in the last year. I heard the restore/backup option is much faster. My questions are:
1) When the database shows signs of being corrupt (hands not showing up in reports that show up in a new database), should I "backup" the database AFTER it has shown signs of being corrupted, and then "restore"? Or is it too late to use the "backup" feature if the database is already corrupted?
2) If its not advisable to use the "backup" feature once the db is corrupted, how do i ensure that when I need to recreate a new database, I have a quick way of doing so? I was thinking something along the lines of, backing up db once a week, restoring that db, and then reimporting the hands that occured after the backup?
3) What can I do about this reindexing problem? Should it just be stuck there after 5 minutes without giving any error message or anything, while the OK button is greyed out? Is that possibly a sign of something more serious?
4) When I exported all hands around 25th December, and re-imported once I reformatted, I noticed I had about 30k import errors. I had lots of datamined hands in my database, is it common for these to be the source of the problem? I hate having hands missing from my database, is there any way of quickly identifying which specific hand histories are causing the import errors...WITHOUT having to import in groups and narrow it down?
5) How do I check a DB for corruptness easily? I was lucky to spot it because I had just signed up to Lock, and was therefore easier to spot.
6) Any chance of a free upgrade considering HM1 seems to hate me and keeps corrupting the DB? PM plz!