New Coke/Coke Classic (the drink) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by hundenapf@gmail.com View Post
    After reading that HEM employees themselves currently consider HM1 an inferior product even themselves and considering that together with their corporate habit of exploiting paying customers as beta testers I have just completely lost faith in this company.
    You meant " consider HM2" right?
    You're twisting words here. :- With 'catching up' I meant there are dozens of cosmetic bugs still in HM2. They give HM1 -where those type of bugs don't exist- a more 'finished' feel.
    If you look past those bugs, HM2 already has a lot MORE to offer. See:
    http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...oduction-3.wmv

So that brings -what I think it- is your main issue:
    You simply don't like HM2, in a similar way many people didn't like Windows Vista... and I don't like Word 2010 (I still prefer Microsoft Word 2003) Performance issues will improve, cosmetic bugs will be fixed, graphs will get a 'cleaner' look, etc. but there's no magic solution for not liking the program. Unless you communicate with Morny what we should do to change your perspective.

Offtopic: http://teamcoco.com/video/christoph-...ermany-austria (on Germans having no sense of humor)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

My dislike has nothing to do with taste but rather with second long freezes during live play, the unresponsive Replayer, sluggishness to respond in the UI after every mouse click on the ribbon and various unexpected new bugs with every update – such as Notecaddy blocking my PC for days just recently – in addition to a couple of functions that are missing from HM1 completely (Table manager sortable by VPIP, Timeline slider in replayer, customizable reports...)

I actually do like the look and the potential the program has and I would really have liked to use it. That is why I spent so much time and effort on trying to make it work and it is not usually my habit to complain and make a fuss, I did not even have a forum account here for two years while I happily used HM1 before. But who cares for all the fancy new stuff in your pointless marketing video which is useless (database sync, hand upload, new notes and iphone app) as long as the program does not deliver the basic functionality.

As Morny pointed out, he 16-tables on a crappy computer without lagging/unresponsive/sluggishness.
    I 24-table on a high-end computer without those issues.

So we're genuinely interested in your system, if you have a driver conflict, conflict with another program etc, causing these issues. Contact Morny for a teamviewer session.

(Marketing video: ignore HM Sync, notes, iphone app. But look at the street-by-street HUD and vsHERO HUD, which are great)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I really dislike the idea of installing remote access software and have a stranger access my PC over the internet. Also I have uninstalled the software several days ago to free up my Postgres SSD again for HM1 and just today I have received a mail confirming my HM2 license has been revoked and turned into store credit or something like that on your account system, so there is nothing left at all of HM2 to try and work with.

If you want me to run some kind of diagnostics program to produce a log or systems overview of the PC in question or try something out for you on it I am however happy to do so and send it in if this may help narrowing down or solving these issues.

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Just lost 15m typing a long post and i have no idea where i touched but the post is gone. FML!

Anyway, very very very short resume

- HM2 UI is in fact very slow to respond, changing tabs, or using the scroll bar on Home tab after adding a couple of widgets. This is very important, first impressions are very important IMO.

- Have no idea how HUD performance is, i never played a real session with it. It doesn't work properly at Microgaming after all this time, and i have bitched about it a lot. lol

- It doesn't use 1/5 of the power of the new I7 4 cores/8 threads processor. I have an I7, with 8GB of RAM and an SDD, when importing 300k hands it only uses 10-20% of the CPU. My E8400 dual core is actually faster with HM2 (uses 90%), because it has a higher clock speed. But in everything else I7 wipes the floor with the E8400.

- No words for the replayer, its bad .... sloooowwwwwww.

So yeh, i agree with a lot of things hundenapf@gmail.com said, and i do like HM!
    Last edited by Hilips; 01-27-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    @hundenapf@gmail.com:

This is an interesting question. Since we don't make it clear that using the 'discount' will result in an expiring HM1 license. Whereas if you buy HM2 for the full price, your HM1 license won't expire. (but HM1 will stop getting updates in about a year, so it it basically results to the same thing)
    Well at least we are not boring you!
    Answer please!

HM2 already has a lot to offer just by the street-by-street HUD and vsHERO HUD alone
    Vs HERO HUD is that vs hero stats that you can have in the hud and in popups.
    If not where can I find more information about vs hero hud?

Quote Originally Posted by 30slou View Post
    Well at least we are not boring you!
    Answer please!

Did you also contact sales?

Quote Originally Posted by hundenapf@gmail.com View Post
    I contacted the sales team just now asking for some kind of compensation/refund for HM2 as it is clearly not in any working condition for me. What they have effectively done is sell me hot air and asking me to help them basically finish their product.
    They answer that as a standard reply: trying to solve your bug/performance issues first (often moving the email to tech, where Morny will contact you) Just tell sales you have no interest in a teamviewer session.

@melles
    Quote Originally Posted by melles View Post
    Vs HERO HUD is that vs hero stats that you can have in the hud and in popups.
    Yes, see: video @ http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...oduction-3.wmv
    You add them as regular stats to the HUD (or custom popup, and there is a vsHero popup). The stats will show how an opponent plays specifically against you.