Consolidated NoteCaddy feature request thread
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Default Consolidated NoteCaddy feature request thread

I have few questions. All hands are HU PLO.

1. Is NC filtering caddystatter for HU?
    That is, if player has some 6max and some HU hands, will scatter show only HU bet sizing when hand was HU?

Attached screenshot shows that player bet preflop.
    What does it mean to bet preflop in HU. What is the difference between bet and raise PF?
    I've noticed that sometimes scatter points show negative raise size (not on the SS attached).

NC popup - Copy.jpg
    negative bet - Copy.jpg

2. How is hand strength defined for PLO?
    For example AKQQ + NFD on QJ2ss (top set, nut gutshot, NFD) has strength of 91. Why? There is nothing stronger.

3. Column Chooser (right click on 'definition name' header) shows the column chooser popup, but when i click to select any column (cash,omaha etc) nothing happens.

4. 3rd screenshot - profit by percentage. What is going on on this SS?

whatsgoingon.jpg
    Last edited by nilaynilay; 01-21-2012 at 11:54 AM.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Quote Originally Posted by Stasek View Post
    I have few questions. All hands are HU PLO.

1. Is NC filtering caddystatter for HU?
    That is, if player has some 6max and some HU hands, will scatter show only HU bet sizing when hand was HU?
    As of right now there is no partitioning so all bets from all games are represented in the scatter graph.

Attached screenshot shows that player bet preflop.
    What does it mean to bet preflop in HU. What is the difference between bet and raise PF?
    bet = 2 bet, raise = reraise. I added that now to the documentation for clarification

I've noticed that sometimes scatter points show negative raise size (not on the SS attached).
    I will look into it

NC popup - Copy.jpg
    negative bet - Copy.jpg

2. How is hand strength defined for PLO?
    For example AKQQ + NFD on QJ2ss (top set, nut gutshot, NFD) has strength of 91. Why? There is nothing stronger.
    100 would mean the hand can't get cracked by anything e.g. royal flush. It's nearly impossible for an omaha hand to be 100 on the flop

3. Column Chooser (right click on 'definition name' header) shows the column chooser popup, but when i click to select any column (cash,omaha etc) nothing happens.
    Please watch the tutorial for the start screen NoteCaddy home screen
    hint: it involves dragging, not clicking

4. 3rd screenshot - profit by percentage. What is going on on this SS?

whatsgoingon.jpg
    I'm not sure what you mean by "what is going on". It is grouping winrates of players based on their success % for a definition. Since the minimum sample is 1, you won't get very accurate results though since it's probably 1 guy who did it 100% (1 out of 1 times) and won a big pot

Thanks for the clarification.
    Regarding omaha hand strength - what is the exact algorithm used to determine it?
    Why would top set + NFD + NGD be "only 91", why 91 and not 99 for example?

As Qd Kh Kc on Ad Ah Ks has strength 97 - yes, there are backdor straight flush draws possible.
    but As Ac 7h 9d (quads) on the same board has strength of 100, despite the possibility of backdoor SF.

If villain holds one he has rouhly 0.1% equity.
    So 97 in this case seems to be too small.

I'm trying to understant how hand-strength mechanics works so I have better grasp on what '70' means in this context for example.

No direction but to trust the final destination

The exact algorithm is that there 10k hands + all flops placed into a lookup table where each of the 10k hands goes against each other and a score is assigned.

I can respect and appreciate your desire for total accuracy but please understand that, especially for Omaha, for just a small increase in accuracy you're looking at either:
    -a several hundred MB file for the lookup table (hem would bite my head off if I tried)
    -an 80% reduction in processing speed

I hope this still does provide value despite it not being perfect but if you sincerely think it doesn't then I would look to enhance it down the line

Hi,
    You have some mistakes in your PLO evaluator.

1) AsKsQhQs on QsJs2d have 94.3% and AsKsQhQs on QsJs2d have 94.5% by a exhaustive method. Deviation for a Monte-Carlo method have not be more then 1% for 10K trials.
    Definitely not a 2 percent!

2) Ac8s2s7c on 6s8c9cAhKc has 96 hand strength ( and I have been complaining about this from August) in 2.0.0.6088 !
    It is impossible to explain by deviations.

Please, resolve this problem!

10k hands?
    There are 16432 hand categories, so unless you simplify it further with regards to suits, by treating
    (A2)(56) the same as (A5)(62) and (A6)(52) then I dont understand which 10k hands exactly
    The (A2)(56) notation means double suited hand with A2 suited and 56 suited.

I'm not criticizing the method.
    Lookup for every hand and every board would have probably hundreds of gigabytes (for rivers), but I need to know how hand strength as shown in your program relates to equity.

For example AKQQ+NFD on QJ2ss is the best possible hand, but also - random hand has 5.5% equity against it.
    so the 90 strength as reported by NC would be somewhat close to 94.5% equity.

Please explain in bit more detail what how is the scoring determined.
    From what you said there are 10k (why 10k not all 16432) and all flops in the lookup table
    so presumably you calculated equity or some other statistic for each hand on each flop right?

And how is the process used for rivers? There are many more rivers than flops, so the lookup table would be way bigger.

You're doing good job with providing hand strength, but users (or at least me, because I care) should have better idea what strength=70% means
    Does it have 70% equity vs random
    or does it have higher equity than 70% of all hands?
    This is very important to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    The exact algorithm is that there 10k hands + all flops placed into a lookup table where each of the 10k hands goes against each other and a score is assigned.

I can respect and appreciate your desire for total accuracy but please understand that, especially for Omaha, for just a small increase in accuracy you're looking at either:
    -a several hundred MB file for the lookup table (hem would bite my head off if I tried)
    -an 80% reduction in processing speed

I hope this still does provide value despite it not being perfect but if you sincerely think it doesn't then I would look to enhance it down the line
    Last edited by Stasek; 01-12-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stasek View Post
    How about providing new variables which say bet size in bb?
    So if villain bets 38bb into 40bb pot it would say "38/40" or something like that
    This would indicate actual bet size and pot size too.
    I will throw in my views in as well here. instead of 38/40 if a new output var is made it can simply report the exact fraction like * 0.5psb or .38psb which is much easier to interpet. no need for me to try and work out what % 40/95 would stand for when i am 6 tabling

Pretty sure adding such a variable would take a good amount of extra coding tho.

* where they stand for 50% pot sized bet and 38% pot sized bet. this leaves 0 room for any error and it will satisfy everyone.
    Last edited by nilaynilay; 01-12-2012 at 01:41 PM.

It shouldnt take much time to implement, because the variable 'ratio' (mentioned in sreticentv post) already holds all useful info (for your proposal, for mine youd need to keep the river pot size as well).

As for percentage vs bet/pot display mode.
    Both have different advantages.
    For example in HU PLO, when villain 3bets, pot (in bb) goes like this: 3 raise -> 9 reraise -> call
    pot = 18bb on the flop
    typical bet = 11bb

11/18 = 61.1%
    Id rather see 11/18 in this case than 61.1
    In different situations seeing % is preferable (where pot size will vary more).
    I think overall % is better, altough it would be nice to have both.

Quote Originally Posted by nilaynilay View Post
    I will throw in my views in as well here. instead of 38/40 if a new output var is made it can simply report the exact fraction like * 0.5psb or .38psb which is much easier to interpet. no need for me to try and work out what % 40/95 would stand for when i am 6 tabling

Pretty sure adding such a variable would take a good amount of extra coding tho.

* where they stand for 50% pot sized bet and 38% pot sized bet. this leaves 0 room for any error and it will satisfy everyone.

Both could be combined in one line, saying "bets 61% psb (11/18)"

Default $Avgstrength - can we have this Variable?

$Avgstrength - can we have this Variable?

Average strength on Showdown.