Importing HM1 hands into HM2

Default Importing HM1 hands into HM2

I have over 2M hands in HM1. Testing out HM2. Tried importing hands thru the default location (HM Archive) and showed I had only 1.5M hands. Looked at HM Archive and it seems to be incomplete. Some days are completely missing. There is even a complete month in 2011 missing. Some days only show 1 file (fixed limit - which I do not play) when I have played dozens of games on those days. I am a tourny/SNG player.

However, hands import in real time correctly and I have no missing hands. The issue seems to be with the archive folder only.

Please advise how to resolve this problem. Also where are all my hands so that I can import them directly into HM2?

Thank you.

PS In HM2 I am trying to filter for my results for the last X number of tournies but cannot seem to do that. How can I do so?

On which site(s) did you play the missing hands?

Run dbcontrolpanel.exe from the HM1 folder--> and you can EXPORT all the hands in HM1.
    Alternately, you can create a NEW HM2 database--> and run a import from database on the entire HM1 database.

If you played on PokerStars, email their support and request the handhistories of all the hands you ever played.

Filter: there currently is no last x tournies filter. You'll have to use a date filter instead.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I play 90% of hands at Party. So most if not all missing hands would be from Party. How come I can have days and months missing in the Archive but have no hands missing? What is the difference between the Archive folder and the database? If I export the hands, will this be from the database and therefore without hands missing? As the default manual import location for HM2 when firing it up for the 1st time is from the HM1 archive folder - where do I need to direct the import to get all HM1 hands should I wish to do it that way?

I am surprised that you have not introduced last X tournies filter for HM2 - it was a suggestion I made more than a year ago. This is a very useful feature for tourney players (particularly SNGs).

Run dbcontrolpanel.exe from the HM1 folder--> and you can EXPORT all the hands in HM1.

Or if you email Party they should also be able to email you ALL your handhistories.

The archive folder contains the original handhistories (sorted by day/month).
    The database contains hundreds of tables with ALL the info (based on the imported handhistories), for example:
    list of players, cards, preflop actions, etc.

In HM2: run a import from database on the entire HM1 database (will import ALL the hands)
    Or export all the hands in HM1--> then import them into HM2.
    Or email Party, request all your hands--> then import them into HM2.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Every time I open HM2 it has to load the current players hands. Why is that? It seems to take ages. Also HM2 seems incredibly resource hungry. I have a duel core E6750 with 3.12 GB Ram. I cannot run any more than 1 table at a time. Do you know if you are going to produce a lite version of HM2? As a tourney player I am having difficulty finding reasons to upgrade. Will you continue to develop HM1?

It loads/caches all the hands in your RAM, so once the program is started and the hands are loaded, it can run reports faster.

Read:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...ease-tips.html and http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+is+lagging%3F

HM1 will continue to get updates (for importing hands, HUD to work, etc) but won't get new features.