Enter the SECT - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Enter the SECT

Quote Originally Posted by SarahSugar View Post
    Sounds really good
    Hope for the new version soon.
    I shipped you some bucks on fulltilt. I appreciate your work a lot!

Keep on rocking
    Here is a nice guy ! Thanks a lot . It is great to receive some $ saying "thank you".

FYI, I've coded SECT 3.2.5 to correct "freezing bug" (see point 3 above).
    It is now being tested.

Hehe
    You are very welcome.

i think you could easily make the programm shareware, if you would like...
    many people are interested in such software , but i guess thats an other topic.

have a good day.

SECT 3.2.6 RELEASE

Previous version was v3.2.4.

What is new in 3.2.6 (compared to 3.2.4) :
    • [BUG] For some users, SECT did freeze at the beginning of the parsing. Especially when the number of hands to parse was big. It is now corrected. You can parse any amount of hands.
    • [BUG] SECT was adding winnings of corrupted showdown hands to "non-showdown winnings". It is now corrected. Showdown winning (either corrupted or not) are added together.
    • [IMPROVEMENT] New information on SECT GUI after computation : total actual winnins, total expected winnings, total non-showdown winnings.
    • [IMPROVEMENT] ETA computation was changed. No impact for user.
    • [IMPROVEMENT] GUI management was changed. No imapct for user.

----

I have edited first post. Everything is explained in it. Please read it carefully as I have checked and edited each section accordingly.
    Everything is expl

I tried the new version, but it freezes after starting to parse a large amount of hands.

Quote Originally Posted by JPFisher55 View Post
    I tried the new version, but it freezes after starting to parse a large amount of hands.
    Is it freezing before having parsed one single hand ? Or after having parsed some hands ?

Can you execute SECT from the DOS command line, you will get error messages. I would like to have a look at them.

Just do the following : go into your dos command line (depends on your operating system), go into your SECT directory where your .jar file is, then type : java -jar SECT_v3.2.6.jar
    It does the same thing as if you double-click on the .jar file, but you will see messages in the dos window and if any, error messages. Can you copy paste them to me (private message) ?

It freezes after many SD's; like over 1500. It starts out fast, slows, slows some more, crawls and then finally stops. I'll follow your instructions and PM you the results later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggrognon View Post
    Is it freezing before having parsed one single hand ? Or after having parsed some hands ?

Can you execute SECT from the DOS command line, you will get error messages. I would like to have a look at them.

Just do the following : go into your dos command line (depends on your operating system), go into your SECT directory where your .jar file is, then type : java -jar SECT_v3.2.6.jar
    It does the same thing as if you double-click on the .jar file, but you will see messages in the dos window and if any, error messages. Can you copy paste them to me (private message) ?
    I tried running this command, but my computer does not recognize it. I do have the latest java program installed.

It freezes after many SD's; like over 1500. It starts out fast, slows, slows some more, crawls and then finally stops. I'll follow your instructions and PM you the results later today.
    This is not the "freezing bug"... but it is anew one. Sick.

I tried running this command, but my computer does not recognize it. I do have the latest java program installed.
    Have you tried installing JRE(*) as explained in the first post ? It should then recognize "java" command after installation. Be aware to install the good JRE (follow link in 1st post, and download JRE corresponding to your operating system).

(*) JRE : Java Runtime Environment. It is a Sun Microsystem product. Sun created Java.

Yes, I have JRE installed.

It freezes after many SD's; like over 1500. It starts out fast, slows, slows some more, crawls and then finally stops.
    Same problem here.