Error at starting HM

Default Error at starting HM

Hi

I used the Trialversion 11 days without any problems but yesterday as I want to start HM this error appears

now autoimport + self import dont work

I reinstall HM + update to version 1.06.02 and it still dont work + changed Import Folder

I use Windows Vista

hope you can help me

regards eric

Have you UAC turned on, if so please follow this to disable it: http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=73
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

I disabled it but still same error

Hi, unfortunately it looks like the database in postgres has become corrupt. The 2 most common causes of this problems are 1) powering off your computer or having your computer lose power while the database is doing something and 2) an old drive with bad sectors on it. Basically what happens is a small portion of a file gets slightly corrupt and then when you reboot and windows goes into that checkdsk procedure it finds the bad section and, thinking it is doing a good thing, removes it. Postgres then loads the table and a portion of it is gone so it doesn’t like that and blocks access to the entire table. Normally when this happens it is on a completely useless file that you'll never even notice is now gone and quite often it will happen to an index in the DB which can easily be rebuilt but in your case it happened to one or more of the tables.

So, to protect against this

1) keep you hands histories in case you do need to reimport
    2) use a power bar and avoid hard shutdowns (when you flick the power switch on the pc)
    3) if your drive is old consider replacing it with a new one. They are cheap and much faster now than even a few years ago.

I’d recommend starting a new database and reimporting your hands. Use 1.06.02 from www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.02.exe

Roy

Damn, I have the same problem

Will this be fixed in future updates?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rvg72 View Post
    Hi, unfortunately it looks like the database in postgres has become corrupt. The 2 most common causes of this problems are 1) powering off your computer or having your computer lose power while the database is doing something and 2) an old drive with bad sectors on it. Basically what happens is a small portion of a file gets slightly corrupt and then when you reboot and windows goes into that checkdsk procedure it finds the bad section and, thinking it is doing a good thing, removes it. Postgres then loads the table and a portion of it is gone so it doesn’t like that and blocks access to the entire table. Normally when this happens it is on a completely useless file that you'll never even notice is now gone and quite often it will happen to an index in the DB which can easily be rebuilt but in your case it happened to one or more of the tables.

So, to protect against this

1) keep you hands histories in case you do need to reimport
    2) use a power bar and avoid hard shutdowns (when you flick the power switch on the pc)
    3) if your drive is old consider replacing it with a new one. They are cheap and much faster now than even a few years ago.

I’d recommend starting a new database and reimporting your hands. Use 1.06.02 from www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.02.exe

Roy
    after I create a new database everything works thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizar View Post
    Damn, I have the same problem

Will this be fixed in future updates?

There is nothing we can fix as Roy said its caused by bad hard drives or losing power/forcing HM to close while in the middle of doing something.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.