Sync takes long time
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sync takes long time

Hello,

I imported my old hands från Hm1 -> Hm2 and got a database about 17 gig. I friend sync this to HM2 Sync but i got around 1700 batches, and Im uploading like 10 hands / s so this will take a lot of time. Anything I can do?

HM2 sync's purpose is if you regularly play on 2 computers, to keep them in sync.
    Not to move a 17 GB database to the other computer. If you'd like to do that, either backup the database and restore it on the other computer, or zip and sent the original handhistories to the other computer, and run a normal "import from folder" on them.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

So how do I sync then?

I have now imported my DB on both my laptop and desktop. But when I try to sync it want to upload the whole DB again. I just want to upload the last sessions.. how do I do that?

In this case - just wait for first sync finishes. Next one will take changes only.

Why is it only uploading 4 hands/s ? This is gonna take forever if I have to upload 11,000 batches

Former HM Support DogNamedBluff's Avatar

Please reproduce this and send a log file to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.

Where is my log file?

XP: c:\documents and settings\{username}\application data\HoldemManager

Win7/Vista: c:\users\{username}\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager

Enable the option to see Hidden Files and Disable “Hide protected operating system files”: How to see hidden files in Windows - It should look like this: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg

Thank you.

Create a new database on BOTH computers.
    And import the original handhistories using a regular import from folder.

When the 17 GB databases are on both computers.
    Then start the sync service so all future hands will be automatically synced.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    Create a new database on BOTH computers.
    And import the original handhistories using a regular import from folder.

When the 17 GB databases are on both computers.
    Then start the sync service so all future hands will be automatically synced.

I tried this, but is still uploads the whole database on one computer. Takes looooooooooooong time :S

Former HM Support DogNamedBluff's Avatar

Please reproduce the issue, close HM2 and send the log file to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.

Where is my log file?

Enable the option to see Hidden Files and Disable 'Hide protected operating system files': How to see hidden files in Windows - It should look like this: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg

Thank you.

This doesnt even work. I tried with a much smaller database. I was forced yo upload all hands on one computer (tho I had import the exact same hands on both databases). Then I tried to sync on other computer, it starts downloading. Downloaded every hand but now it want to upload the whole database again on second computer. Tilting :S

I have send in log

Quote Originally Posted by DogNamedBluff View Post
    Please reproduce the issue, close HM2 and send the log file to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread.

Where is my log file?

Enable the option to see Hidden Files and Disable 'Hide protected operating system files': How to see hidden files in Windows - It should look like this: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg

Thank you.