Need help restoring HM2 because computer crashed

Default Need help restoring HM2 because computer crashed

Hello,

Last week my computer windows crashed and i had to redo this to Windows 7. Lucky for me, the new windows created a folder with all files, folders from the old C drive, so not only i have program files but also HM2ARCHIVE AND HMARCHIVE folder.

Long story short, i am going to reinstall pokerstars client and hm2 today and want to know what i have to do so i don't loose any hands, history or anything that is linked to that... basically, i would like to see everything the way it was, around 80k hands.

Thanks a lot in advance.

1) You'll need to reset your profile on Hold'em Manager Poker Software - Best Poker Tracking Software for your license.

2) Import the hands from the archives.

3) You should back up these, your HUD, and popups, as well as any other important info on an external and/or disk in your car. You never know when things will happen. I was robbed 2 weeks ago, and if they had taken my HD and external, I would have lost all hands.

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    1)
    2) Import the hands from the archives.
    In my local C Drive i see two folders, HM Archive and HM2 Archive. Do i need to import both or just HM2 Archive. I am assuming i have to import both because HM2 Archive has sub folder 2011 and then only 10,11 and 12 which i assume is Oct Nov and Dec only.

Please answer! So far i am done installing HM2 and resetting profile and add that new license key to the software.

I was able to import everything and seems like things are working fine, i didn't sync the database to ensure if i ever further have a problem. Real quick question about my HUDs that i customized. Is there a way to get them back? I can tell you few things about my set up and hope that helps

a) I have all the folders in old HM folder.
    b) I did sync the database prior the system crash but was just couple of days before crash so even though i didn't have 100% of my hands up there but still i had everything else sync (if it does sync things other than hands).

Let me know please coz i spent hours customizing HUD as per my needs.

Thanks alot in advance.
    Mohit

HMArchive was your HM1 archive
    HM2Archive is your HM2 archive folder.

Run a import from folder on both folders to import all your old handhistories.

Old HUD Configurations: in HM1--> hud options--> player preferences--> export them--> they export to a .xml file.
    In HM2--> hud options--> import them.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here