NoteCaddy "wiz-call" and "wiz-shove" Note Definitions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NoteCaddy "wiz-call" and "wiz-shove" Note Definitions

I'm having a problem where I can't get any notes added when I try to generate notes using "wiz-call" and "wiz-shove" definitions. Whats wierd is when I try to "seek" I manage to get results.

After a bit of trial and error, I noticed that I was able to generate notes for all definitions unless i clicked "define opportunities by SNG-wizard"

I do not own SNG-wizard, and I noticed it hasn't been released yet for HM2. Do I need to purchase it before this works? Also, I should mention, I don't get any "errors" while it's generating notes based on my wiz-call and wiz-shove definitions, it's just that "notes added" remains at 0 for the whole process, as mentioned earlier, its especially wierd since clearly it should be higher since i get results when I seek.

Am I doing something wrong?

No direction but to trust the final destination

You're not doing anything wrong. The inter-operation of NC and SNGW was causing too much strain on HM2 so it has been temporarily turned off. A fix is being looked into but it may take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

ah ok, thanks for letting me know.

I have another question for how exactly this will work when it is going to be re-enabled was wondering if you could confirm if my thinking is correct...

I'm under the impression that the result that wiz-call/wiz-shove will produce will be a percentage built with the following format...

(what is considered to be a good call/shove by SNG-wizard) / (what is considered to be a good call/shove by SNG-wizard + what is considered to be a bad call/shove by SNG-wizard)

Defined as the following:

what is considered to be a good call/shove by SNG-wizard:
    meaning making the call/shove with the correct range given the blinds, your stack and the players ahead

what is considered to be a bad call/shove by SNG-wizard:
    meaning making the call/shove with the incorrect range given the blinds, your stack and the players ahead

Of course the times a player folds in either cases cannot be counted as an opportunity missed, so this is ultimately just a piece of the approximation we're going to get

Please let me know if I am thinking about this in the right way. Thanks!

This is exactly correct. It should give you an overall score of how SNGW thinks they're doing whereas the ones where no cards are seen add neither to numerator or denominator. As far as how SNGW works internally, I can't elaborate as I am not that familiar with it. I only know that it is widely considered to be a great tool for SNG and that the author was kind enough to let me do the inter-operation.

Keep in mind that these defaults would only give you overall scores. If you want to partition how good people are player count/stack size, you could add partitions to the defaults. Details here AssaultWare blog: NoteCaddy 2.2 - Consequences will never be the same

I read the "Note Partitioning" section in the link you sent.

In a nutshell, does this just filter the entire information we get from the wiz-call/wiz-shove definitions to show us the same formula through more specific circumstances?

Also, have another question regarding making new color definitions.
    I'm under the impression that I can create color definitions that are dependent on my other notes, such as wiz-call and wiz-shove.

When you go to File->New->Color Definition and you go to the "Note Caddy Notes" tab, I see wiz-call and wiz-shove there...

now here's my question: "wiz-call" and "wiz-shove" give you ratios as results. So under the columns "minimum" or "maximum" I would want to put a value like "0.5" representing a percentage with which to compare with wiz-call's and wiz-shove's instead of an integer. However, everytime I attempt to do this and then hit save, I get an error and it won't let me. When I erase it and put an integer instead the error doesn't occur anymore. But putting integers to categorize the results i obtain from wiz-call/wiz-shove doesn't make any sense. What am I doing wrong?

Also, can you give me a rough estimate of when wiz-call and wiz-shove are going to be re-enabled for use?

Quote Originally Posted by wuzzzap View Post
    Also, have another question regarding making new color definitions.
    I'm under the impression that I can create color definitions that are dependent on my other notes, such as wiz-call and wiz-shove.

When you go to File->New->Color Definition and you go to the "Note Caddy Notes" tab, I see wiz-call and wiz-shove there...

now here's my question: "wiz-call" and "wiz-shove" give you ratios as results. So under the columns "minimum" or "maximum" I would want to put a value like "0.5" representing a percentage with which to compare with wiz-call's and wiz-shove's instead of an integer. However, everytime I attempt to do this and then hit save, I get an error and it won't let me. When I erase it and put an integer instead the error doesn't occur anymore. But putting integers to categorize the results i obtain from wiz-call/wiz-shove doesn't make any sense. What am I doing wrong?
    with .5 are you thinking half the time? That needs to be 50 e.g. 50 percent. If you mean 0.5% then that level of detail isn't supported

Also, can you give me a rough estimate of when wiz-call and wiz-shove are going to be re-enabled for use?
    should be next build. Extensive testing has been done

I read the "Note Partitioning" section in the link you sent.

In a nutshell, does this just filter the entire information we get from the wiz-call/wiz-shove definitions to show us the same formula through more specific circumstances?
    that would split it based on their score when it's 3,4 whatever handed (or average stack at the table). It will hide notes that aren't from the current game size (won't show bubble note during heads up). If you don't want that you could split the note yourself filtering by game size.

I'm having another problem creating color coded notes.
    All the normal defintions seem to work (with the exception of wiz-call/wiz-shove ofc) but the color coded ones yield no results no matter what I do.
    I did some trial and error and even tried making the most broad note defintions to make sure it would match players but again no notes get generated as it goes through the database.
    Even when i seek players nothing get satisfied and I know for a fact it should.
    I have turned off filters as well and still the same problem, wat can i be doing wrong?

Banned

I'm having another problem creating color coded notes.
    All the normal defintions seem to work (with the exception of wiz-call/wiz-shove ofc) but the color coded ones yield no results no matter what I do.
    I did some trial and error and even tried making the most broad note defintions to make sure it would match players but again no notes get generated as it goes through the database.
    Even when i seek players nothing get satisfied and I know for a fact it should.
    I have turned off filters as well and still the same problem, wat can i be doing wrong?
    color def are not supposed to be taking any notes. they will only color. for ex if i make color code tag it wont show up as a note on a hud saying "tag"

but if the tag color code uses other notecaddy notes as condition like say 3bets etc the that 3 bet note will show up in his hud. and the 3 bet would show up anyways as it is defined as a def and not a color.

I knew all of that, I don't think I did a good job of describing my problem

I set up my color coding definitions
    I run NoteCaddy to evaluate each player to see if they meet those definitions
    NO players ever get rated even the ones that are qualified based on those definitions
    That is to say that "Notes added" remains at zero for the entire duration
    Even when I seek players, the pie chart includes none within the filters I give no matter how broad I make them to be?
    I disabled filters... is there anything else that can cause this problem?