Pacific Poker - Hud Crashing
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Pacific Poker - Hud Crashing

My HUD is crashing after playing about 1 hour on 888/Pacific Poker. It *seems* to happen whenever I open a 10max table that is short-handed, but only after I've been playing for a while. It does not happen if I open a short-handed FR table early in my session.

Once is crashes, I cannot get it to work again without rebooting my computer. The HUD icon still appears in the system tray, but I cannot left click or right click on it. I have tried manually terminating the HUD process and then relaunching the HUD multiple times, but to no avail.

At the bottom of the HUD window, it says, "scanning table - tablename.hh" but seems to get hung up on this process.

I am running the lastest HEM version 1.12.06 on Windows 7. I upgraded to this version the other day because I thought this might fix the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Exclamation

I've been having that problem for over a year.

Here is some previous discussion about the issue:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-...tml#post573001

(yes the title was Ipoker but its mainly about the 888 hud)

So there are several people who experience it, also I was told that its due to the Antivirus / Firewall as I use Norton, but I don't really believe it as someone in that thread didn't have an antivirus software and still experienced the crash.

I was thinking it was due to my computer, but my motherboard broke down last summer and I had it replaced and did a complete reinstall of everything (also switched from Vista or Win7 32-bit to Win7 64-bit). As the crashes continued I don't think its something that we could resolve on our own. I did submit screen shots and detailed descriptions last spring, but was just told its my antivirus so hopefully it might get fixed if more people report about it.

ShaunHunting, for me its tough to say when it will crash. At times when I join a shorthanded fullring table it will crash as soon as the first hand has been completed (and HEM would fetch the stats). I think its much more frequent in the Jackpot tables, but I think I have had it happen on a regular fullring table too (btw Jackpot tables are 10-handed while the regular FR tables are 9-handed, but I can't move the stats in the 9-handed games without it changing also on the 10-handed tables). Even though a table that crashed the HUD will always crash it immediately again if I just re-start the importing, I can sometimes join the table later when there are more players. I have also tried just leaving the table and then taking another seat, but it doesn't seem to prevent crashes. At times I can start a table and have it become full without experiencing a crash, so its really tough to know how to exactly reproduce it.

I know its extremely frustrating and unfortunately it pretty much means I can't start fullring games there. My advice would be to always keep task manager open when you play, sort it according to CPU. Then and as soon as the HUD freezes:
    1. The HMHUD.exe will jump to the top in the task manager taking all your CPU and you can kill it.
    2. Stop the import in HM
    (3. If you do not know which table causes the crash, start the import again and you'll see the table name in the table manager window - this will obv crash the HUD so you need to repeat steps 1 & 2)
    4. Close the table which causes the crash
    5. start the import.

After you have closed the table that causes the crash you can play normally. I've never experienced these crashes on tables that were full, however at time I'll never be able to join a table that crashed on me - even if I go on a waitlist. I assumed this might have been due to some issues in the HH's, but even if I delete the tables HH's in the folder that pacific writes too the table may still crash once I join it again.

If you happen to have a really soft table there is trick you can use, i.e. you could start importing to get the hud stats on the other tables, and then stop the import before you join the table that will crash the hud. Obv this sucks since you don't get stats on the crashing table and your stats won't update on the other tables but at least you have something.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator.** Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off.** If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

**do the same for the main 888poker.exe file

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life

---

Run a manual Windows update. Update Windows 7 to service pack 1 and install ALL .net framework updates.

Also try using a NEW database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

same problem for me:
    i use 1.12.06
    win7 64bit and ive done the steps above and this problem ONLY happens on 10max 888 table if i play 6max its ok
    p.s i try this without firewall and antivirus and i got the same result
    Last edited by Zografa; 11-25-2011 at 06:45 PM.

set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) with regional settings English (United States) and reboot

which postgresql version are you using?
    Did you try using a new database?
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Patvs, do you know if there are any issues with HM2 and Pacific? Was just thinking that the steps you mentioned are quite time consuming so I might just as well move to HM2 if that is known to work correctly with Pacific and not have any other major issues...

i use 9.1.1 and as i said this is happening only on some talbes - i play 6max without a problem and even some 9 max but if a problem table appears - nothing can save the hud from crashing - i even deleted the HH file and it works that way until the new file gets created...

When this happens, can you email us the handhistory file of that table.
    (I'm hoping a player with an unusual player name triggers the crash)

Either a player with special symbols in his nick: !@#$%^&*(, but it can also be a player that has a word like fold, bet, check, or a number 1000, 1500 in his name.

shaunhunting/zografa, do you have players with unusual player names when the HUD crashes at the tables?

Examples:
    __Spirit__
    mad4888

i dont really know cuz not much action is going on these tables right now but yeah, probably i had some nicknames like these