HM2=Unsatisfying - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unsatisfying!? I would say it is an epic fail...

I have great idea for HM3! You take HM1, sort out all the remaining bugs, put the beautiful (no pun intended) HM2 skin on it and VOILA!

You will have a product everyone will be happy about!!!!

After 3 months of struggling (you cannoy call that using) I have decided to revert back to HM1 (for HUD and filters) and PT3 (for statistics and graphs). Apart from graphics I really cannot find a single area where HM2 has improved:

HUD.
    Pretty new icons and great looks, but bad spacing. Marking hands is a hustle. You should make an option of marking them straight from the HUD instead you made it opposite. Now I have to make at least one extra click.

Hand replayer.
    Worse looks and now I have upload my hand histories to My HM. Why oh why? You lack traffic there?

Home panel.
    Pretty, but pointless. Probably takes a lot of resources. And again - why is it showing exactly 6 months graph? What if I want 1 month? OK, I can change it but on every restart in jumps back. Option window gives hilarious answer "no setting changes are needed"! ARE YOU FLIPPING SURE FFS!?

Sessions panel.
    One good feature - automatic refresh. Unfortunately, it makes whole PC to freeze for a couple of seconds, so I have to turn it off. No memory for window, line, colums, etc resizing. That goes for anywhere not just this panel.

Cash panel.
    Apart from minor bugs, more or less in the same level as HM1

Tournament panel.
    Complete disaster. All the graphs are gone! The ones are there are totally useless and unneeded.

The whole panel system sucks big time! You can sea lot but nothing clearly. Bearable if you stretch it over 22" display but unusable on my laptop.

All in all - wtf you guys were thinking!? You rushed out badly made, unfinished product... you have destroyed quite a lot of good reputation HM had. I could understand that decision if PT4 would be out and you would be falling behind, but now... I guess i will have to follow how PT4 works out. For now - back to HM1.

p.s. after initial mess NoteCaddy seems to be working now and it really is a great, great feature. Unfortunately you have to pay extra for it and it is not developed by HM2 team (so I understood), so you basically has nothing to do with HM2.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSag View Post
    Marking hands is a hustle. You should make an option of marking them straight from the HUD instead you made it opposite. Now I have to make at least one extra click.
    It was mentioned in another thread but if you use the caddyreport, you can mark hands with a single click. Just make sure you have the "new hands" tab open and there's a checkbox that insta marks it. This is part of NoteCaddy basic (free)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBKK View Post
    I have never been able to get my database accross from HM1. I have tried numerous methods but there are always hands missing. From reading the forums it seems there are fatal errors with imports in HM2.

As a result i've never been able to move over to HM2 yet and am also awaiting the release of PT4 to decide what i want to use for 2012.
    I found the way - You export hands to PT3 first, then you can import them from PT3. However, database window on HM2 says that I have ~25K players in database, but HM1 says ~45K, yethand count seems to be identical. Go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    It was mentioned in another thread but if you use the caddyreport, you can mark hands with a single click. Just make sure you have the "new hands" tab open and there's a checkbox that insta marks it. This is part of NoteCaddy basic (free)
    Thanks! Haven't noticed that... then again, I don't think I will be using HM2 any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSag View Post

Hand replayer.
    Worse looks and now I have upload my hand histories to My HM. Why oh why? You lack traffic there?
    this so much, the other stuff is somewhat excusable, but seriously how can you even have a excuse for this? i dont think you realize how many hours youve waster me by not putting in a hand history button, and for what purpose?? bad traffic? fu

seriously note caddy is the real only good thing about HM2 and it wasn't even made by you guys, but it's my mistake, shouldn't have took HM credibilty and start using it straight as I did, now stuck with the bloody thing till PT3 figures out a way to import notes, fml

HM2 is obviously a horrible experience. It recalls me of Windows Vista after XP. M$ needed to give it up and build Windows 7. You guys should do the same, give it up, fire the team lead/manager, develop HM3!

Quote Originally Posted by Singum View Post
    HM2 is obviously a horrible experience. It recalls me of Windows Vista after XP. M$ needed to give it up and build Windows 7. You guys should do the same, give it up, fire the team lead/manager, develop HM3!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Singum View Post

I really don't know anything about coding, but HM2 along with its huge bugs is a disaster...
    The ONLY excusable issue should be import/HUD related, since they will be poker client dependant, so subject to change.
    You can't find a excuses with other issue that are related only to HM2.
    When a company sell a product, and plz correct me if I am wrong, it is finished and bug free. Yes some bugs remain but the code is done a only a fewer bugs have to be fixed.
    HM2 lauch was a complete failure, you were selling and you are selling an product in a beta stage.

Why then HM2 is in this stage?

-You need more time to fix bugs? Well, hire more programmers, people paid for a working software and deserve it
    -HM2 is a difficult software to code? Well, hire better programmers.
    -You reached your goal (make money)? Well, I think you achieve it pretty well and fix bugs is secondary

People's complains are too much and too loud, you should think about it. No one wants to bother you guys, but you have to be fair to you customers... actually you aren't

Hi,

We really appreciate the feedback and are fully aware of the concerns your have. The next update has over 50 updates/features and we will continue to release more updates regularly until all issues are solved. The development team behind HM2 is the same Development team behind HM1 but in addition we have some very experienced developers including the developer of Notecaddy, Sng Wiz and HM Vision. If you keep an eye on our progress you will see how dedicated they are to resolving the current issues and we have made a huge dent in the issues being posted over the past couple of weeks.

I do aplogize for the trouble this has caused our users and the best way for us to make amends is to fix your issues quickly, i dont think anything i say here can have a more positive impact than that so this is our plan to quickly solve the remaining issues.

It should also be noted there is a 30 day HM2 trial, if your unhappy at the end of the trial because you have some issues unresolved then i would be happy to extend that trial until those issues are dealt with. If you upgrade from HM1 you have 6 months before HM1 becomes inactive also.

I suggest you wait for the next update then email me personally on pmorny@holdemmanager.com with a list of the bugs affecting you and i will try to get those bugs sorted and keep you updated on the progress.

Also once we get the current issues out of the way we have some really neat features planned, with the limitations of HM1 removed we can do some really powerful stuff, thats something well concentrate on after we have addressed peoples concerns with the open bugs. I know this may not go far enough for everyone and they may still be unhappy but maybe you will reconsider in a couple of weeks when we take care of the open issues.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

thx for the reply and nice to see you still have confidence in a product that seems like its going down hard..
    but as one of the users that really _hate_ it, I do consider it to have potencial at much later stage.
    The problem IMO with the product (except for all the real problems that has been described here) is this:
    1. I was a alpha tester. product completly sucked at then. compleeetly.. like you couldnt use it at all..
    2. then I became a beta tester. That was almost worse to be honest...
    3. Then I bought it. with the mindset "its a done product finally! this what Ive been waiting for!".. yeah well.. it wasnt.. it was as unusable as the first two versions and it just became an epic fail to me..

this are the real reasons why I dont like it.. Obviously theres a lot of stuff in design etc that I would like to see changed. but the majority of my issues are the experience Ive had with the product so far, especially as an READY product which i thought HM2 was when it was officially released.. However I think we both can agree that basically its still in some kind of beta mode..

cheers