An error occured while reading the config//HoldemManager.config file
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default An error occured while reading the config//HoldemManager.config file

i am so desperate, cant start holdem manager any more all of a sudden.

An error occured while reading the config//HoldemManager.config file: Das Stammelement ist nicht vorhanden.
    Holdem Manager will now backup the old config file and create a new one for you.

however, when i click ok, nothing happens !

pls help...

Go to:

C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config

delete holdemmanager.config

Restart HM

That should create a new, default config file.

If it starts up, you will have to reset your auto import folders, hero names, and a few other minor settings.

ok, so i did delete the config file (do i have to delete the configBAK file as well??).

after trying to restart hm, it says:

"the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
    click ok to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package HoldemManagerSetupProject.msi in the box below"

when i click ok to try again, nothing happens.
    i tried to find that setupproject thing, but i am lost sorry!!

appreciate much your help...

edit:

i downloaded the HoldemManagerSetupProject.msi file and entered it as a path as the program told me (see above).

next message "the installed product does not match the installation source. until a matching source is provided or the installed product and source are synchronized, this action can not be performed. contact your administrator for assistance. if there is a matching istallation source, type it below"
    Last edited by Dardania; 08-05-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Try replacing this default config file into the folder where I had you delete that file.

If that doesn't work, it may be necessary to reinstall HM. It sounds worse than it really is..

Before you uninstall HM:

I want to re-install Holdem Manger without losing all of my settings and preferences. Can this be done?

You want to make sure you backup your Processed/Archived hand histories (typically C:\HMArchive), your entire \config folder, and your exportednotes file. I usually just copy my entire \Holdem Manager directory.

If you have any custom HUD configs, export them, just in case you need them later - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=169

Export your HM Notes - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=119

I would also make sure you manually export the database to hand history text files - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=173

This helps to insure that if anything goes wrong you can manually import the exported files to rebuild if necessary.

Most of these previous things you shouldn't need for this reinstall, but it's better safe than sorry.

Vista: Turn off UAC - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=73

Turn off Windows Firewall for installing HM and PostgreSQL. Once you get those installed you can add exceptions to the firewall. If you have a 3rd party firewall, uninstall it completely before installing HM/SQL - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=171

When reinstalling HM, install the full setup, then the latest beta patch and finally your config folder if you want to use your previous hud configs.

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder, and other important files mentioned earlier.
    2) Uninstall HM with Revo Uninstaller
    3) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
    4) Reboot your computer
    5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...demmanager.zip
    7) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe
    8) Test if it for a while and see if it work
    ........ Deleted part about using your old config folder/file.

If you have problems or need help, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Try replacing this default config file into the folder where I had you delete that file.
    fozzy u da man, thank you!

but dude, why did u have to scare a euro computer-donk like me with re-installing and stuff whereas the solution was so f easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dardania View Post
    fozzy u da man, thank you!

but dude, why did u have to scare a euro computer-donk like me with re-installing and stuff whereas the solution was so f easy?
    I would rather give too much info than not enough. I haven't used that method many times (or recently). If that config file hadn't worked, and I went to bed, you might want to know the reinstall process. Apparently that is the way to go for these types of config file issues.

I think I will uninstall my own HM again soon, and once I do a clean reinstall, I will copy the whole default installation. Then I can have copies of all the default files.

I had the exact same problem. Replacing the Holdemmanager.config file fixed it perfectly.

hi
    i've got the same exact problem, so i tried to follow these advice but i can't find where to DL HoldemManagerSetupProject.msi ,can you help me to find it please ?
    thanks.

This msi file is no longer available.
    Close HM, delete the file config\holdemmanager.config, restart HM and a new file will be generated.
    You will need to reconfigure HM (database connection and auto-import settings) but after this it should work again.