Popup Hud and All Active Player Stats are wrong for Raise(and Fold)_vs_3b by Position
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Fucking disaster- Wrong Database Table leads to wrong respond to vs3bet stats by Posi

You can skip this entry and read my second post in this thread which is more accurate.

I use 1.12.06 and tested the 2 following HH in a blank DB. Unfortunatly I had to find out that there are serious issues with the vs 3bet stats by Position vs Position. I urge you to look in the matter and fix it fast, because fault stats may cost me a lot of money.

In the following HH Villain 4bets as MP the 3B of Hero in the SB. Therefore his Raise_vs_3b.MP.blind should be 100%. But instead the Hud (and the All Active Player Stats) show that he 4betet against a 3bet was made from IP (Raise_vs_3b.MP.ip), although it should count as a 4bet against a 3bet made from OOP. (Raise_vs_3b.MP.blind)

***** Hand History for Game 10967799664 ***** (Party)
    $200.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Saturday, October 08, 09:42:56 ET 2011
    Table Table 194984 (No DP) (Real Money)
    Seat 4 is the button
    Seat 6: JKWS1974 ( $183.85 USD )
    Seat 3: TheCaretaker ( $63.00 USD )
    Seat 4: caesarius ( $455.19 USD )
    Seat 2: coffeedevil ( $250.42 USD )
    Seat 1: imarflex ( $200.00 USD )
    Seat 5: umirinbrah ( $294.25 USD )
    umirinbrah posts small blind [$1.00 USD].
    JKWS1974 posts big blind [$2.00 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    imarflex folds
    coffeedevil folds
    TheCaretaker raises [$5.00 USD]
    caesarius raises [$15.00 USD]
    umirinbrah folds
    JKWS1974 folds
    TheCaretaker raises [$58.00 USD]
    caesarius calls [$48.00 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 7h, 7s, 4c ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ Js ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ Tc ]
    caesarius shows [Jh, Ah ]
    TheCaretaker shows [7c, 7d ]
    TheCaretaker wins $126.00 USD from main pot

In the next HH Villain 4bets from the CO a 3bet made from the Button. So he raises a 3bet made from IP but instead the stats count it as if the 3bet came from OOP. (the action should appear in the Raise_vs_3b.CO.ip stat but instead it shows in the Raise_vs_3b.CO.blind stat).
    About a year ago i already informed you guys about the COvsBU issue and i was let believe it had already been fixed.

***** Hand History for Game 10996541377 ***** (Party)
    $200.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Sunday, October 16, 11:01:30 ET 2011
    Table Table 194966 (No DP) (Real Money)
    Seat 4 is the button
    Seat 4: ALLffac ( $161.80 USD )
    Seat 5: BatPooCrazy ( $423.70 USD )
    Seat 1: Infamous666 ( $69.33 USD )
    Seat 3: TheCaretaker ( $75.13 USD )
    Seat 6: achillezzzzz ( $239.85 USD )
    Seat 2: mribdude ( $172.87 USD )
    BatPooCrazy posts small blind [$1.00 USD].
    achillezzzzz posts big blind [$2.00 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Infamous666 folds
    mribdude folds
    TheCaretaker raises [$5.00 USD]
    ALLffac raises [$10.00 USD]
    BatPooCrazy folds
    achillezzzzz folds
    TheCaretaker raises [$70.13 USD]
    ALLffac calls [$65.13 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 2d, 4d, 2h ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 8c ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 5d ]
    ALLffac shows [Jh, As ]
    TheCaretaker shows [Ad, Kd ]
    TheCaretaker wins $150.26 USD from main pot
    Last edited by alllala; 11-17-2011 at 10:48 AM.

I think i found out the reason for the error in the Stats. It seems it´s not a problem with the calculation of the stats, instead an error in the database table "PKH.positiontype_id_firstthreebet".

Actually I already pointed it out about two months ago in this thread, although then i only believed that the the DB table was only compromised for the Big Blind. But back then i questioned the reliability of the DB tabel.
    I was told that the question was forwarded to Roy without an answer until today.

To Prove my Point i add this custom report, with the two DB table "PKH.positiontype_id_firstraise" and "PKH.positiontype_id_firstthreebet" as Fieldexpressions. Basically it shows you in which position the openraise was made (Villain or Hero) and from which position the 3bet came (Hero or Villain). Values are from 0 (=SB) to 5 (=BU). It appears about 10% of the DB Table "PKH.positiontype_id_firstthreebet" Values are wrong. The error shows itself when the Position for the 3bet is the same as the openraise.
    I won´t post any HH for this as you can use the Custom Report and try it out for yourself in any DB.

<Report Name="Wrong firstthreebet DB table " OrderByExpression="firstraiser ASC" Version="1.1">
    <Groupings><Grouping FieldExpression="PKH.positiontype_id_firstraiser" ColumnName="firstraiser" ColumnHeader="firstraiser">
    </Grouping>
    <Grouping FieldExpression="PKH.positiontype_id_firstthreebet " ColumnName="firstthreebet" ColumnHeader="firstthreebet">
    </Grouping></Groupings>
    <Stats>
    <Stat StatName="Big Blinds per 100" />
    </Stats></Report>

This is a serious fuck up guys.

OMG

I investigated the matter further and now i realized that every respond to a 3bet that ends with a Reraise (Playeraction: RR,RRR of the Player that openraised and faced the 3bet) leads to a wrong entry in the Database Table "PKH.positiontype_id_firstthreebet" (the Postion entry will be the same as the Position of the Openraise - "PKH.positiontype_id_firstraise" - except there was a Cold4bet between the response).

Only if the response ends with a Fold or Call (Playeraction: RF,RC,R,RRF,RRC of the Openraiser) it is correctly added to the Database Table.

That means all the distinction for the vs3bet stat from EP,MP and CO (wheater the 3bet came from OOP or IP) is basically wrong.

And I relied on these stats the hole three years I am using HEM, and they seem to be faulty all the time
    Last edited by alllala; 11-16-2011 at 11:32 AM.

I'll forward it for a qualified response.

Quote Originally Posted by netsrak View Post
    I'll forward it for a qualified response.
    In another Thread to this topic, I was told something like this two months ago. Until today I am awaiting an answer.

Holdem Manager

Hi, thanks for finding this problem and sorry about the delay in getting it resolved - it has now been fixed and will be in the next HM1 build and either the next or the following HM2 build depending on release timing. This only affected hands where there were 4bets preflop but in those cases it would get the name of the first 3 better and the position of the first 3 better wrong and instead use the 4betters name and position. If the hand was then 5 bet it would fix itself so it is only 4 bet situations (and 6bet, 8bet etc) that are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by roy.goncalves View Post
    This only affected hands where there were 4bets.....
    Well this is the most interesting part of it all, and very important for my decision making. I´m looking forward to the fix (although it means i have to reimport everything again - what i just did for 1.12.06).

Also, I want to let you know, that there is something wrong, too, with "PKH.positiontype_id_firstraise" and "PKH.positiontype_id_firstthreebet" when there is a LimpRaiser involved in the Hand.

Holdem Manager

Quote Originally Posted by alllala View Post
    Well this is the most interesting part of it all, and very important for my decision making. I´m looking forward to the fix (although it means i have to reimport everything again - what i just did for 1.12.06).

Also, I want to let you know, that there is something wrong, too, with "PKH.positiontype_id_firstraise" and "PKH.positiontype_id_firstthreebet" when there is a LimpRaiser involved in the Hand.
    Those should both be fixed as well but I'll double check

Thanks
    Roy

Is there a way to be notified when the new release is ready to download? Can i subscribe somewhere for email notifcation?

related? 3bp Turn cb stat can be over 100% sometimes... LOL