Complete newbie - trying to import Pstars tournament/hand histories

Default Complete newbie - trying to import Pstars tournament/hand histories

Hi guys,

I'm a complete newbie when it somes to HM2 and tracking software in general. Just signed up for 30-day trial and trying to find my way around.

I've been reading through a lot of the FAQs and think I'm making progress - HUD is now working fine and I tried playing a few hands in cash games and a sng and both tracked fine.

However, I still haven't figured out how to import old data from PokerStars. Can anyone give some pointers?

1. I have changed Instant Hand History and Tournament Summary settings as directed - N.B. the 'Save my Hand/Tournament History' boxes were NOT checked prior to today.
    2. I have requested tournament history and saved in their own folder as txt files... however, I can't get them to import correctly, either by selecting the specific file with by selecting the folder and using auto-detect. Can anyone give me precise instructions as to how to do this, which format and program the files need to be in etc?

Thanks in advance,
    Mark

You'll manually import the hands, hand importing - point to the file/folder.

Yes, I tried that but I guess the format is incorrect somehow. Which format does it need to be in? If anybody could give me precise instructions, I'd really appreciate it.

Hi,

Your best bet will to navigate to hand importing > import folder

In the dialogue that comes up, you will want to select your C:\hmarchive. This should get you a complete import of all of your old hands that were imported into hm1.

If you have new hands that pokerstars sent you, please make sure their format is .txt.

Once you have downloaded them please go to hand importing > import files

Then select the file you got from poker stars. If they sent you multiple files, i would recommend saving them all as .txt files to a specific folder and then navigating to hand importing > import folder

Then select the folder you placed all the HH files.

If they still do not import,

Please install the latest version
    http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ger_2_Beta.exe

1) Navigate to Hand Importing > Auto import folders
    2) Ensure that the site you are playing on is added - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Import+Folders
    3) Try to import your hands again
    4) If that does not work, please send us an import log and some of the hand histories that do not import. The log file is located:

7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

Showing hidden files: How to show hidden files in Windows 7

XP: c:\documents and settings\{username}\appdata\HoldemManager

If you are unable to find the path specified, you will need to show hidden files: Microsoft Corporation

Thanks for your response.

I think the issue is perhaps more fundamental than that. As stated in my initial post, prior to Saturday, in Pokerstars options under 'Instant Hand History Options' and 'Tournament Summary Options', the boxes marked 'Save My Hand History' and 'Save My Tournament Summaries' were NOT checked. I have now checked them, but having played on Pstars for years it's obviously a little late...

Under the 'Requests' tab, I have requested a 'Tournament History' for my last 200 tournaments (it says that's the maximum number) which I received in the body of an email. I have then tried copy/pasting the text into Notepad and saving as a txt file, then importing as per your instructions/those in the FAQs section, but that does not seem to work. In any case, though, I guess since the 'Save My Tournament Summaries' box was not checked before, there is no record of individual hands which would be the really useful thing anyway?

Under 'Requests>Hand History' in Pstars, the max number of hands you can request is 100, which is obviously too small a number to be of any use and in any case my last 100 hands will have been tracked in HM2 since I signed up.

From your experience, is there anything else I could try to get historic hands? Perhaps emailing Pokerstars Support and requesting a longer hand history (not sure if they would have them in their database even though the aforementioned boxes were previously unchecked?)?

Thanks again, and sorry if I've come across as an idiot... if what I'm asking isn't possible, I'll just have to cut my losses and try to reap the benefits of HM2 data from this week forward!

All this is assuming that it still works the same way as when the US was allowed to play on Stars.

Whenever I needed it, I emailed stars support - which is the best of all online poker rooms - and said "please send me text files of all hands that I have ever played and tournament summaries for all my tournaments. Thank you."