HEM doesnt work suddenly.

Default HEM doesnt work suddenly.

Ok this is so weird now. I didnt have any problems, everything worked fine. Then I run once Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware software like I have done thousand times before. It find couple bugs, nothing connected to HEM. I restarted the computer and tried to open HEM. It opens the small window where it says "intializing database..." and freezes there. Every time. I tried to uninstall HEM and then re-install it, no problems in the installation but same thing when I tried to open HEM, "initializing database...." and freeze. I uninstalled HEM again, then installed it in to different location. Now it wanted me to activate my license online-> I did that, no problem. Then tried to open HEM..."initializing database...." and freeze. I tried to install it with and without postgre, same thing every time no matter what!?
    I have runned that Malware software thousand times before, always deleted the bugs what have founded and no problemos.
    I was using version 1.12.03b, cannot update to the latest version because of that maintenance but that version has worked fine before... what the hell???
    Any ideas? Every other program I tried now are working just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Glidi View Post
    Ok this is so weird now. I didnt have any problems, everything worked fine. Then I run once Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware software like I have done thousand times before. It find couple bugs, nothing connected to HEM. I restarted the computer and tried to open HEM. It opens the small window where it says "intializing database..." and freezes there. Every time. I tried to uninstall HEM and then re-install it, no problems in the installation but same thing when I tried to open HEM, "initializing database...." and freeze. I uninstalled HEM again, then installed it in to different location. Now it wanted me to activate my license online-> I did that, no problem. Then tried to open HEM..."initializing database...." and freeze. I tried to install it with and without postgre, same thing every time no matter what!?
    I have runned that Malware software thousand times before, always deleted the bugs what have founded and no problemos.
    I was using version 1.12.03b, cannot update to the latest version because of that maintenance but that version has worked fine before... what the hell???
    Any ideas? Every other program I tried now are working just fine...
    Ok, what the fuck, now it started working suddenly. It was freezed, saying "cannot respond" (or what ever it is in english), I writed this post and boom, started working.
    I guess computers are like women, I cant understand them.
    Well, now working ok I guess anyways

e: I tried now to restart the program, it takes about 4-5min to open. Usually it takes like 5-10 seconds? First it freezes when that initializing database.... shows up, hem doesnt respond at all but if I just wait that 4-5min, it starts to work and it asks about holdem manager account first?
    I thought that HEM2 maintenance shouldn't affect to HEM1 but...maybe it does?

Well, anyways the program works fine, although opening it takes a very long time for some reason?

(if I only waited 5min at the first time it freezes...almost 2 hours cursing for nothing... )
    Last edited by Glidi; 11-01-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe 1.12.05

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin"from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=171

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

Read:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...ease-tips.html

--

ALso try HM2! http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...er_2_Setup.exe
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Im using XP, Avast and Sygate Personal Firewall.
    Now i restarted HEM again, boom, 5 seconds and open. So I guess it had to be something to do with that HEM2 maintenance....?