Bodog support - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bodog support

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    We're NOT going to add additional support (example: session-only HUD) for Bodog, since this is also now against their rules and regulations.

Cake had a similar anti-software policy but they've now radically changed that. Your best bet is Bodog also comes to realize multi-tabling (profitable) grinders are actually good for the network and revert their changes.
    I think they still allow HUDs. Let me quote a section of the TOS of Bovada.

6.3. No Player Assistance Programs. Use by players of external player assistance programs ("EPA Programs") which are designed to provide players with an unfair advantage over their opponents are expressly prohibited. We define EPA Programs as including computer software and non-software-based databases or profiles (e.g., web sites and subscription services) and we consider access to or the ability to gather data or information on other players by any means that would not be accessible via their own first-hand experience (i.e. observation of game play) to be "unfair". We reserve the right to close Accounts and void any and all winnings in such Accounts if we establish, in our reasonable discretion, the use of an EPA Program.
    Last edited by awesemo; 01-23-2012 at 12:57 PM.

I don't think Bodog has any intention of providing a mechanism whereby any of the HM/PT style programs can be used. In this article, Bodog Network’s Jonas Ödman Doesn’t Hate Winning Players | Online Poker News Ödman indicates the only players Bodog is interested in are those who regularly make additional deposits (losing players?). To achieve this, Bodog is moving, or has moved, to all anonymous tables which stops HM/PT from providing even a basic HUD, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by awesemo View Post
    by any means that would not be accessible via their own first-hand experience

But they don't save handhistories.
    And they screwed Idleminer / BPHG (or /will screw) by making changes to their software to PREVENT software to grab these handhistories.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

I have a working handgrabber for Bodog, is HEM willing to parse and import the format of the hands?

Email us a handhistory to support@holdemmanager.com
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

After a softwareupdate Bodog now creates Hand Histories again (downloadable one week after playing). Can you please add support?

We have a feature request ticket for this to support this handhistory formatting, but I have no eta when this will be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Patvs View Post
    We have a feature request ticket for this to support this handhistory formatting, but I have no eta when this will be implemented.
    i will just say that when this feature (downloadable hand histories) was implemented by bovada a few months ago, i immediately posted on the forums/emailed hem/etc. and was told this would be worked on. also at the same time i sent these hand histories to a couple different 'hand history websites' who had absolutely no problem getting the HH to function within 1-3 days. i just can't find an excuse that would take you guys so long to add support for this. a little more than 'there's a request ticket for this' reply would be great.

I will copy my reply from the other thread you posted in yesterday regarding this same topic:

This is low priority because we have many other high priority issues that affect a much larger portion of our customer base. We are also in the middle of a very major performance update and put all new site support (Bovada is not the same as Bodog, so it is a brand new site for us) on hold until after this new version of the software is released and stable.

Bovada decided they didn't want any trackers or HUDs and removed the hand histories completely so we stopped supporting them (the same as our competitors). They then decided to add support for the downloading of historical hands, so they could be imported to track previous results without having HUDs used on their site, but they chose to use a new and unsupported format. We can not put this above the priority of older site support issues (winning/yatahay, ENET, barrier, etc), that were written more than a year ago in some cases, just because they changed their mind.

Theres now a site that imports the bovada hands and such and it works. pokeit.co But its a huge pain to sort through hands and stuff. Im sure if you asked your customers who use bodog/bovada we would pay extra to get hem to support the site. I just want to see my results listed, and be able to see all the hands listed and read/copy and paste them. We dont need hud support. Please think about pushing this feature to the front of the line and get it done. I know i would pay to get this done so im sure you can find others who will do the same(if thats the issue).