One hand will not import

Default One hand will not import

I played a session on Full Tilt just now. I was up about $50 for the session, but in HEM it showed I lost $5.

So I went over all the big hands (in sessions - sort by table) and compared it to my session's hand histories and it turns out HEM missed one important hand.

07/12/09 15:59:51 - my hand 68o
    --->07/12/09 16:01:07 - my hand 33<--- (missing hand, I got the time info/date from the .txt hand history)
    07/12/09 16:02:18 - my hand 46o

If I import the hand in a whole new database, all the hand info is correct in HEM. (the hand history is complete and HEM has no problems importing the hand)

However, when I try to reimport the hand in my current database, HEM sees the hand as an already imported "duplicate hand".

How can I solve this. I'm pretty sure, my current database it not corrupt. In fact it managed to import 800 hands (while I was playing) just perfectly, except this one hand.. &%@#*_*

Edit: at first I thought maybe the unique hand number (Full Tilt Poker Game #13350736691) for some strange reason was already in my database. So I just changed the number (FIRST TIME I EVER DID THAT), reimported the hand.. and voila..! it worked.

However now, when I try to reimport the whole session (about 700 hands) it shows 250 duplicate hand.. and 450 import errors.. so maybe my database is corrupt (again!) after all..
    Last edited by Patvs; 07-12-2009 at 05:54 PM.

You can overcome that duplicate import like you discovered, or by copying it to a new folder and manually importing from there.

If you are getting errors now, I am not sure what would cause that. Can you filter for 'today' and see if the errors are visible in the reports/hands, etc? Do you get those errors if you import the whole session to the new DB? If you think there might be a problem with the HHs please email them to support@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread, and CC me at fozzy@holdemmanger.net.

It's my harddisk.. it's falling apart. I ran chkdsk and scandisk.. it found a million errors.

My failing harddisk, caused my postgreSQL database to corrupt, which caused the incorrect data in HEM. :-)

Temporary solution 1: fix the errors, import all July hands into a NEW database
    Temporary solution 2: restore my recent backup, but this will take a few HOURS, will do it, overnight.
    Final solution: buy a new computer... it's on my to do list.

Solution 2a: buy and install a new harddisk