Disappointed HM2 user
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Disappointed HM2 user

I'm really unhappy with the state of HM2 at the moment. I'm pleased with all the new toys you have added and clearly you have worked hard on these, but the core of your program has suffered. You aren't paying attention to the HUD and making sure it runs smoothly. I don't care if things look flash if they don't work!

Some things that are bothering me (and most of these have been bothering me for months).

- The HUD is S-L-O-W and makes PS tables sticky

- The HM2 program interface is S-L-O-W

- It screws up the z-order and fiddling with the manual z-order settings doesn't help much - why has the end user had to deal with this for months? Priority????

- The HUD or HM2 causes lag where the computer hangs for around 5 seconds, annoying and costly if you are multi-tabling.

- Some of the tourney filters still don't work.

- No $EV in graphs for tourneys.

- The HM2 HUD seems to affect the sending of TN hotkeys regularly.

- Random tables still force themselves into focus. Using the TN hotkey to bring the most urgent table for the fore seems to be disabled.

- The latest update has screwed up the winnings for super-turbo games. According to a playing history audit from Stars, I've made nearly $200 today and HM2 records this as < $100.

I realise that HM2 is in Beta phase, but you have had months now to iron out many of these issues. I have little confidence in your ability to solve future problems or bugs in a speedy and timely fashion. In all likelihood I will cease to be a HM customer and I'm currently eagerly awaiting to see the next release from your biggest competitor. Hopefully their HUD will just work because the HM2 HUD definitely does not.

For performance issues, please see this:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ce-issues.html

Send us log files so we can see what is the issue.

What z-ordering issues are you having?

What tourney filters are not working?

Did you add the luck adjusted winnings line to the tournaments winning graph report?

I will pass along TN issues to our TN people to get some help.

Please email the hands/summaries that are off to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

It would help if you pass along issues that you see, so that we can work on fixing them. This is the first I've seen these brought up.

please explain how the "HM2 HUD definitely does not" work.

We can't fix generalizations and things we haven't experienced.

I have written out some more detailed stuff as I would like this stuff fixed as much as you do. I have included some links to show that a lot of these issues aren't new.

The HUD is a major part of HM2. In order to multi-table effectively I need it to

1. Work smoothly
    2. Not freeze my computer
    3. Not mess with the z-order

Unfortunately there are problems with all of the above. Sometimes the HM2 HUD is so bad I have to turn it off just so that I can keep up with the action.

Some simple searches I did this morning. I'm sure you could find a lot more if you did a search.

HM2 program speed.
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...-slowness.html

HUD speed
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...gy-4941-a.html

Z-order
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/mana...nager-hud.html
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ps-window.html

Random tables stealing focus (probably in started in the wrong forum though - the issue is described more clearly in my last post in the thread)
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/tabl...ping-up-2.html

Luck adjusted line
    The luck adjusted winnings line still does not work for tournaments. This issue has been around for a long time and there are many posts describing it. You already calculate the $EV for tournaments, what is so hard about adding the amounts together and plotting them on a graph?
    Results.png

Tournament filters
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-...g-reports.html
    Filtering by effective stack size still seems to be not functioning as expected. I don't know how many others do not function correctly. Please also add simple things like the ability to filter by effective M, stack size in BB and so on. These are not hard things to fix or add.

HUD freezing
    I can't find anything specifically on the HUD freezing, but it freezes for around 5 seconds every once in the while. Windows just displays the "thinking" cursor and I can't perform any actions. This is possibly a new bug.

I will zip and send the files shortly.
    Last edited by SuperSized; 10-19-2011 at 06:07 AM.

I have sent the log file, my hands from yesterday as well as a Stars audit file for yesterday so you can compared the winnings. I look forward to your feedback on these issues.

I did respond in a couple of the threads and another tech has responded in the ahk issue.

Did you go through the steps I posted regarding performance issues?

I have been through the steps in the performance issues thread and it doesn't help. My issues are similar to the thoughts in this thread http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-...es-update.html.

The performance of the HUD is slower than that of HM1. I don't know if it's your new HUD framework or what, but it's slower. You can't reasonably expect folks to buy a HUD that visibly affects the user's experience.

You rushed the program out of Alpha phase because people were getting impatient while the HUD was not yet ready for Beta phase. Now you can't get it up a decent standard performance wise.

Please send in the log I requested.

This isn't a widespread issue, we need to figure out what is going on for you.

Default Fully agreed, HM2 lacks much behind HM1

Hi All,

Unfortunately I have to fully agree with Supersized comments I have experienced all of the issues what he mentioned and several crashes as well............

HM2 has serious performance issues, some example what I have experienced in the last 2 days.

First I imported my HM1 database to HM2. This contains more than 3.4 million hands and was handled more or less well by HM1.

HM2 cannot handle, I was waiting more than 30 minutes to get tournaments results reports, nothing has happened(((

Then I cut my database created a new one just from this year hand histories, this contains about 400.000 hands, cash and tourneys mixed (about 1300 tourneys) this is not much!!!!!

But wherever I click in HM2 I have to wait ages till something happens, with such a small database!!!!! And I never know it is frozen or not, usually your progress bars are absolutely unusable as well.

Still I had to wait a long time for tournament reports but finally after 30 minutes it was working.

But HUD is absolutely unusable, blackouts, 5-10 secs stops and then I am on sit out however I was experimenting only on one table!!!!

To rearrange the HUD positions is a nightmare!!! I right click on the stats I want to move then I have to wait about 20 sec then screen changed to a darkgreyed background then I can move the stats, but of course during this time and about 20 sec after this I cannot do anything on my poker table, sit outs etc.

I had to play 2 18 man SNG to be able just to position my stats!!!!!!!

I was really exited and looking forward for HM2 because the poker science behind is great, but it seems you have to fire your hole developers group if you wanna stay on the market.

Sorry for beeing so pathetic but this version of HM2 even not close to a good alfa version!!!!

Hope you catch up if not you will loose your market thats for sure.

I check out again your competitors may be I need them...........

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Please send in the log I requested.

This isn't a widespread issue, we need to figure out what is going on for you.
    Log file sent.

SuperSized and Aceondariver, you guys are obviously having some issues but there are a lot of HM2 users that are NOT having these issues. Thought I'd represent the other side here.

While I agree with you that sometimes HM seems to miss the boat on what should be no-brainer development decisions (and I've not hesitated to tell them so), for the most part and short of a few missing features that they promise are coming, HM2 has been running very well for me. I've been an alpha tester since April and they've done a good job of steadily improving and promptly resolving issues when they can reproduce them. And while I don't massively multi-table like I used to, I do play the occasional 6 tables or so and the HUD has been highly stable considering its pre-release status, and performance has been fine for me. Maybe it's a PC horsepower issue -- mine is pretty high-end so could be masking the problem. But the upshot is that not everyone is experiencing the pretty severe issues that you guys indicate. I have faith that if/when the HM crew can reproduce them, they'll come up with a solution.

FWIW around May I stopped running HM1 in parallel with HM2, and have been strictly HM2 ever since, long before it was even beta. Other than a few incomplete features that I trust will make it in at some point, I don't miss anything from HM1 and wouldn't consider going back to it.