HM2 database tables (pokersite_id / name)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default HM2 database tables (pokersite_id / name)

Where does HM2 store the name of the pokersite which is used in the database? A number of tables have pokersite_id but there's no 'pokersites' or similiar table that connects the int value to a pokersite? Also, some tables have just a site_id - is this different from pokersite_id?

And generally - are there (will there be) any general resources on the database structure to help make custom queries, 3d party programs and such? Most of it can be figured out by poking about in pgadmin, but that also leaves some guesswork.

Thanks

No direction but to trust the final destination

there is no table to resolve the poker sites but it's the same as hm1

Thanks - so this means the values are hardcoded into HM2? And for instance pokersite_id=0 will always be Party for all HM2 users regardless of whether they've ever played there?

So all third party programs that use pokersites, will have to figure out the number/name combo and change their programs too, whenever support for a new site is added to HM2?

No direction but to trust the final destination

it's no different than it is now really other than the lack of a lookup table in the database. Values were already hard coded in hm1. Also, yes 0 will always be whatever 0 is - I guarantee it

If you're making a third party program then you'll just import a hand into hm2 then look at the hand table and figure it out from there

Well, yes, I realize the value is consistent throughout the db, but one of the things a user has to do in my program is to pick their sn/alias.

If someone has the same username on 10 different sites, or a username on one site that someone else uses on another site they play on, it's a bit difficult for them to know if they should pick the username with a 4 behind it or the username with a 7, 2 or 8 behind it
    Last edited by MinusEV; 10-14-2011 at 09:57 AM.

And also: How is it possible to match the player_id to the hands they've played?

Say I want to list all hands that a player_id has played - for HM this could be done through the playerhandscashkeycolumns table which held both pokerhand_id and player_id but I can not figure out how to do this in the HM2 db?