Notes

Thread: Notes

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Default Notes

So I am back on Stars after a self exclusion period of a couple of month. It seems I have lost notes on a lot of players, that I used to play a lot with. I have NC to delete notes after 3 month. Any chance, that NC is deleting my manual notes as well?

Edit: I got version 2.0.0.7651 with latest updated version of NC.
    Last edited by allwind; 12-05-2012 at 07:01 PM.

NoteCaddy will only delete the notes it took itself, not manual notes.

You're missing manual notes you took on regulars? You're still using the same database as before?
    In your self exclusion period on PokerStars, did you continue to play on other sites, still using HoldemManager?
    (or did you also have a big HM2 update from an old 69xx version to 7651?)
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

HM2 Shark Tank Member

I had the big upgrade yes. I play on other sites as well, and justed changed back to Stars. Current connection issues makes me not wanna play on iPoker at the moment, but only after they fix their bugs.

It might be the update yes, and there might be issues as well on iPoker. The past 3 month I played very little on Stars, but now I am back. I am missing notes on most regulars yes.

I had other serious bugs with the new update, yesterday I folded 2nd nuts on the turn, when his PF action unlikely would have the only hand beating me. I have already downgraded to the former version, that you link to under the HM 2 Home tab. But yet to play with the former version.

It is the same database for like 6 month, ever since I changed back from PT 4. I used to be SNE on Stars and played a ton. Some of the people I am missing notes are people that I miss notes are other SNE players. Where did the notes go?

Did you do any backing up/restorting of notes?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Did you do any backing up/restorting of notes?
    With HM 1 it was easy and I did it frequently.

This time I have no back up of notes. Not even in any backed up database.

Edit: I did not do any backing or restoring of notes.

As for some notes missing, and others are there. Just odd if the big update should have interfered with some notes and not others.
    Last edited by allwind; 12-07-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allwind View Post
    With HM 1 it was easy and I did it frequently.

This time I have no back up of notes. Not even in any backed up database.

Edit: I did not do any backing or restoring of notes.

As for some notes missing, and others are there. Just odd if the big update should have interfered with some notes and not others.
    If you have recent backups of your database and the [x] player notes option was enabled when backing up the database you can unzip the .pghembk file and use a text editor to open the playernotes.xml file and see what notes were backed up.

Here is a link to a thread with a different customer reporting somewhat similar problems where I explained how to check the notes backup - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-...ml#post1597721

Now that we have 2 customers reporting similar problems with missing notes we will be testing this over the coming days and weeks. Unfortunately this is something that will require a lot of detailed testing, over the course of many sessions/days, and we still may not be able to reproduce it.