1 Screenname 2 Diffrent ways

Default 1 Screenname 2 Diffrent ways

Im using HM 1.08.04 on Windows XP with Pokerstars.

My screenname is Ðazzle. In HM >> Player >> Change, I cant search with the "Ð" however i found it with the "Ã" , only it shows 2 screennames:

I did a fresh instalation with new updates for HM and imported 2 databases. And im quite sure its about 1 screenname displayed in 2 different ways.

How can i make it 1 screenname again?

Firstly, you really need to update to the latest beta version, 1.09 Beta 9, for playing on stars. - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

Regarding your problem, I noticed this the other day with a remote support customer. I will be forwarding this, along with mupoker's email he sent about the subject, to the developer so he can address it in a future update.

The easiest solution, for now, is to create a new Player Alias.

Options > Player Aliases > Add Alias > Create a unique alias name, that is different from any screen names you may add to it.

Add Player > Search for those 2 names you have pictured, and add them both.

Now go back to the Cash Games tabs and click the Change button, and search for your unique player alias name.

Here is the FAQ on Aliases - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=35
    Quote Originally Posted by mupoker View Post
    hey guys -

this is an email i just wrote to fozzy ... my problem has been solved, but i'm guessing my problem is super specific to my account / screenname only ... so, i doubt this will help anyone else (unless you have a weird sn as well)

Hey Fozz ---

It was a really random thing ... When I opened HEM, i noticed it said "optimozing players" so i took a quick screenshot

This is what I found (i blocked out my other sn's in case this gets posted somewhere) ... i noticed it had my µ (x+t) s/n with like 2 others from stars...so, sure enough, somehow, my hands are being imported with those funny A's in front of the µ

I'm not sure how or why, but it doesnt really matter to me ... I just made an alias ... and lumped them all together ... all the micro hands we played testing it were on there also

I figured it out b/c i was just playing on stars, and the hud and all was working for my opponents --- so, i typed in my opponents name, and it said he lost a pot to Aµ(x+t) ... and, whatcha know, that's me....

hope this helps

Thanks in advance