Some questions about betsizes in HM2

Default Some questions about betsizes in HM2

Iīm not in beta testing group, but interested in der Development of HM2 since there are several Flaws in HM1.

One big issue is the handling of betsize tells.

Because of the way information is stored in the HM1 database tables, it wasnīt possible to look up how somebody plays when he bets a certain amount of money, because in the database there is no distinction between one or more Betting Action Preflop. So the database stores (or at least the feasible Tables) only the sum amount that was bet Preflop, but not the Steps that led to that amount.
    To be clear let me give you an example.
    Letīs say we play HU against a Villain and he Openraises Preflop 3BB, then i would be nice to know how he reacts to a 3Bet, compared to the times he Openraised only 2BB, or any other Value.
    Say Villain Openraised Pre 3BB,Hero 3bet 12BB, Villain 4bets to 30BB and i fold, then in the Database it appears to be that Villain did Bet 30BB. But that he initially did bet 3BB isnīt stored anywhere reachable.

Will this be handled different in HM2? Can i see how many time someone folds to a 3Bet or does 4Bet depending on the openraisesize?

One other big thing iīm missing in HM1, is a fast and easy summary of all the Action with the Betsizes on each street. I still canīt believe that such an important thing wasnīt implemented at any time for the last years. Since the betsize is a such big part of the available information at the table, i canīt understand why HM1 makes it is so hard to analyse it.
    Therefore I want to know whether it will be possible in HM2 to see the betsizes on each street in the List of Hands in the Reportsummary?

These are available in filters and there are report stats for bets 1/2 pot, 3/4 pot, overbet, etc. that can be added to reports, such as cbet success report

Your signature is incorrect. Not sure what 6/15/10 means and why it's RIP HEM, but Roy is still with HEM.

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    These are available in filters and there are report stats for bets 1/2 pot, 3/4 pot, overbet, etc. that can be added to reports, such as cbet success report

Your signature is incorrect. Not sure what 6/15/10 means and why it's RIP HEM, but Roy is still with HEM.
    The Date you mentioned is the last time RVG72 posted under this name in the Forum and probably stopped looking out for Users with HM1 trouble. Therefore I think around this time you guys started the development of HM2, since after this time HM1 almost stopped evolving.

But back to my questions? Did you really read them?
    Reading your answer i doubt that, or maybe you just didnīt understand me?

Yes, I did read them. You can filter for these.

Here is a picture of the filter I set up to view this from opponents' view and hero's view
    herodid.JPG

fromoppview.JPG

Here is the header for the report I set up for cbet success, with bet sizing.

cbetinfo.JPG

You can also filter for exact bb's bet, raised to, 3bet to, etc.

RVG isn't gone, he just became roy.goncalves. It doesn't mean he left the team, for whatever reason, he decided to use his real name as his user name.

Ok then. Which part of my question does relate to your answer?

Your example for the filter only includes times when Villain actually does 4bet my 3bet. But i woulndīt be able to look up how many time Viallain 4bets my 3bet depending of his openraise size. Your answer only ralates to my example in which i try to make my real question more understandable.
    In HM1 you can group the Hands by the Preflopbet- or callamount. But the Database table save only the combined amount when there was more than one total bet preflop. Therefore we have an information loss. Would there be all the BB steps between that lead to the total sum amount you could see how often some folds or raises a 3bet depending on how big he openraised.

Did you ever try creating your on reports and worked with the features that the current database table (HM1) give you? Maybe thatīs why you canīt understand my question.

I asked you, if read my questions because you wonīt say anything to my last question in the opening post:

"Therefore I want to know whether it will be possible in HM2 to see the betsizes on each street in the List of Hands in the Reportsummary?"

I have put in a request to add size of bets to the hands view columns.

My example of the filter showed:

Villain raises 3bb
    You 3bet 12bb
    Villain 4bets 30bb

You can choose any size - you can do less than, greater than, exactly, between. So you can choose to see what villain does vs any of your size opens, etc. You can even filter by what position you were in when you opened.

Letīs take a look at one of my own reports.

Here is the code
    <Report Name="Preflop Betamount" Version="1.1">
    <Groupings><Grouping FieldExpression="(PHMISC.betamountpreflop + PHMISC.postamountpreflop + PHMISC.callamountpreflop )/100" ColumnName="PreflopBetin$" ColumnHeader="Pre$" ColumnFormat="" ColumnWidth="*" ToolTip="" /></Groupings>
    <Stats>
    </Stats></Report>
    Hand here is the picture of the resulting Report

Screenshot - 9_27_2011 , 12_31_37 AM.png

As you can see, you can select each Preflop betting amount and look with which hands Villain played them. Unfortunately right now when Villain did Openraise 6$ and did call or raise my 3bet these both two seperate actions will not be shown in the row for 6$ because the Databasetables (PHMISC.betamountpreflop and PHMISC.callamountpreflop) only store the total sumvalue that goes to the flop.
    Lets say Viallain did raise my 3bet to 30$ then in database table "PHMISC.betamountpreflop" only this 30$ will be counted for. But "PHMISC.betamountpreflop" ignores the fact, that Viallain initially did openraise 6$,therefore this information is lost.
    The easiest way would be to save both bet amounts in "PHMISC.betamountpreflop", so the hand would appear in the row for 6$ and 30$.

The Filter method you suggested is insufficient for my needs, because it handles a quite different situation, which is only the times Villain actually did 4bet, but it doesnīt say anything about how likely Villain will be reacting to a 3bet depending on his openraise size.
    If you think this further you could could also Group your rows to Villain position (EP,MP,.....) and betsize so you could see how strong a 4BB open bet from EP really is (how often he does it and with which hands, how does he react to a 3bet, etc...)

and thx for putting in the request to show the the bet sizes in the hands view columns. This would be a complex matter and i would be happy to assist with ideas to itīs right implementation.

alllala,

From reading this I see you want specifics about exact bet sizes tied to actions preflop/postflop, etc.

Yes, this is totally doable in HM2. Udbrky posted a couple screens and I'm also looking into this now. It appears to me the Filter By Bet Size filter (which is new in HM2) does exactly what you want it to do. It doesn't make a clean report out of it like it appears you did with HM1, but the data is there.

You talked about separating 3bet or open type situations along with separating facing vs doing the action. All of this is in the Filter by Bet size.

Send me a PM with your HM.com email and we'll get you a version of HM2 so you can try it yourself.

Well. You should have my updated mail by now.
    I guess itīs best I do not ask any more questions until i can see whatīs possible with HM2.

Sorry, been super busy with the 1.0 and 2.0 updates. License issued.