HEM freezing at "initializing database" window

Default HEM freezing at "initializing database" window

Hi, my HUD stopped working on Stars after their last update. I then downloaded the latest beta update (1.09 beta 6a), updated the registration (no problems) and now HEM freezes at the start-up "initializing database" window.

I'm using Windows XP on a fairly old laptop, but the last version worked fine.

What should I do?

Make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=73 and also try reinstalling .net framework http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=14

If the problem still persists Can you follow these instructions:

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
    2) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
    3) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
    4) Reboot your computer
    5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...demmanager.zip
    7) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe
    8) Test if it for a while and see if it work
    9) Close down Holdem Manager and copy the config folder from step 1 and copy and overwrite it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
    10) Test if it works again for a while
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Default Same Issue

Hello I am having the same problem.

I have now carried out all of the above instructions. I get an error while trying to install a new net framework.

Now when I try to open HEM it just says program has had to close.

Am new to HEM and so far haven't been able to get it working for more then an hour or so lol

Help please.

I run Windows Vista

Please follow the instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling .net framework here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=14
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Default Same Issue

Hiya,

I already followed all of those instructions. I ended up doing a system restore to a couple of days ago and am running HEM without the update patch which seems fine so the problem is there.

thanks

Default Spoke too soon

Ok so I am back again... it ran for about 8 hours fine... then froze while I was refreshing cash games tab. Now I am back to it not responding at Initializing Database stage.

Help please this is driving me schizoid lol

Please email me to arrange a suitable time to do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread

Default HEM Freezes seem to be sorted

Hiya....

I went back to the beginning and followed all the instructions again and things seem to be ok now... will let you know if it resurfaces.

Thanks