Over Compensation Check
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Over Compensation Check

Hi,

I need some more information reg OCC:
    1) What do the numbers represent - e.g. when it reads VPIP% -10 does that mean my VPIP is now down by 10% over the last 10000 hands?
    2) Is it compared to the 'first run date' or to the 10000 hands -1 stats?

Another question:
    In Step 8 the Turn filter for 'check/call middle or bottom pair on the turn' returns a lot of hands with NO middle or bottom pair.

Thanks

1) It's supposed to be the +/- in terms of how much your stat deviated from that last 10k hands.
    2) First run date - and then the last 10k hands (or whatever you have it set to).

Can you send me a SS for the turn you're talking about. I took a lot and haven't seen this. I'll ask the developers though. What are you seeing it include?

Thanks. Are you sure you didn't click check/call with draw on turn by accident (because that's what's is showing)? I reported it to the developer, but no one on our team is seeing this.

check/call with draw on turn returns the hands correctly - its just that some of the drawing hands also show up in the 'check/call middle or bottom pair on the turn' filter. Seems to happen only on PP hands - PS hands work fine.
    Anyway - its no big deal and if you can't reproduce it you can't fix it.
    Thanks for your efforts.

I'm still having the development team look into it. We just haven't had any luck reproducing it with the support staff. They'll keep checking it out though. Thanks.

Sorry if this should be self evident, but I'm a bit confused about how this screen (Step 1 in the new/current HM2 version) and the "Over Compensation Check" feature is supposed to work.

So let's say I ran a full report last week (which I did) and have been playing a slightly adjusted game. The default 10k hands is selected, but I've only played ~5k hands since last week's update. Will LB run another report every time I start up the program to see whether I've overcompensated? Does it automatically know the date/time of my last report how many hands I've played since?

If so, what happens if I run another scan before the 10k or so since my last one. I'm not necessarily always going to know (or will I?) how many hands I've played in between reports, so I'm guessing that will just reset the over compensation checker?

Also, from the Show All Leaks view, is there a way to see an indication of how much I'm possibly over compensating, or is that only available in the Show Sing Leak view?

Thanks.

over compensation check.png
    Last edited by rowhousepd; 01-29-2013 at 09:06 PM.

I'm going to double check with the developer, but it's supposed to check from the first time you run and whatever the hand number is set at in the over compensation check, until you reach 10k more hands. So you can run it multiple times. Since the interface change, I want to make sure this is correct.

Now, no matter how many times you run it, LB will let you know how your leak is progressing or re-regressing with the + / - and up down arrows next to the leak. But the idea with the compensation check is to bring to your attention any radical shifts in your game.

Quote Originally Posted by Leak Buster Support View Post
    I'm going to double check with the developer, but it's supposed to check from the first time you run and whatever the hand number is set at in the over compensation check, until you reach 10k more hands.
    Wait, so assuming things haven't changed since the interface change, you're saying if you run another report (let's say you change some of the parameters on it, change the date range, or whatever), the compensation checker will ignore the fact that you've run a different report? It's going off of the date the very first report you've run when you first installed/launched leak buster?!? I imagine you'd want to be able to reset this at some point, because what would it matter if you're +/- as compared to how you played 1 year ago when you first got the program and before you changed your style, improved, etc. No?

Sorry, I guess I'm still a little confused.

It's supposed to be off the time when the first report was run until it reaches the set number. Once it reaches the set number, then it resets again to X hands that are set. In between that, every time you run LB it will show you which direction your leaks are moving and by how much. I still want to double check everything with the primary LB developer. He was sick yesterday.