1.06.01u - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1.06.01u

Quote Originally Posted by Rillumarei View Post
    I installed manually 1.06.01u maybe 30min ago. Before and after that, I tried to start HEM and this text appeared to the screen:

The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Can't read information about connection.

What's wrong?!
    The update wouldn't have caused this unless you updated into the wrong folder. First make sure postgres is running by:

1) Open up control panel
    2) Double click on Administrative Functions
    3) Double click on Services
    4) Find the postgresql service in the list then right click and press “Start”

Default Can't Access HEM

Roy,

I downloaded U yesterday and used it with no problems, but I am getting the following message today:

The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Then, I get the Menu explaining to me the 3 options for Vista users

1. Disable UAC
    2. Rght click and run as administrator
    3. Repeat for hud, etc.

FYI, I run 8.2 on Vista. The only thing that I can even think of that could be screwing this up is the mandatory "security" files windows sends. I updated the computer last night and it put in a bunch of updates that you always have to download for vista. Ever since I downloaded the updates, I haven't been able to use HEM.

Any assistance in figuring this out would be appreciated.

Default Fyi

Roy,

I dug a little into the update descriptions and from what little I know about computers, this update could be the culprit....here's the description

Security Update for Windows Vista (KB953733)

Installation date: ‎8/‎15/‎2008 2:01 AM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain access to information. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. This update is provided to you and licensed under the Windows Vista License Terms.

More information:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=120577

Help and Support:
    http://support.microsoft.com

Sorry if this information isn't helpful, just trying to get you on the right path.

Sounds like that could be at least part of the problem. Can you go into Windows Control Panel - admin Tools - Services and find postgresql and tell me if it is started. If not right click and start.

Also, make sure Control Panel - Users - User Access Control is turned off

If it still does not work then maybe we could do a teamviewer session. E-mail me at support@holdemmanager.net

Default Problem Solved!

Roy,

I had the UAC off and on the services menu it said that the Postgres 8.2 was started. But those were the same settings I had when it said HEM wouldn't run.

What I did was right click on Postgres 8.2 in the services menu and used the restart option. That seemed to do the trick.

I just tested HEM on both of the sites I play on and everything is working perfect. Thanks again for your prompt assistance and for continually taking the time to work with all of us who swear by this software. Thanks again.

Stats retrieval speed in the the reports tab is much improved for me in this build. It used to take up to 3-4 minutes depending on the report, now its almost instant.

Quote Originally Posted by smf View Post
    the excel feature is very very cool, nice job!
    what is that feature ??

Hi I went from update i to this one u.

Does that mean I have to download all the other updates in between too?

Kind of a computer noob. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ShLiM View Post
    what is that feature ??
    * (1.06.01 NEW) You can now export the hands view to csv file to view in Excel

actually not only the hands view, but actually any stat grid you want to

Default iPoker 8Max tables !!

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyFourSeven View Post
    The Table Manager does not have the 8max option.
    Only 10,9 and 6max, so the tables are recognized as 10max,
    wich result in displaced stats.

I would really like to hear, that this will get fixed