Minor quibbles thread - Page 8
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

I'll take a shot at some of these.

Quote Originally Posted by wrapitup View Post
    v 5602

1. In the main float-over HUD pop-ups, some of the stats are now unavailable, possibly due to renaming/changing of the stats?

Raise 1st for CO, BTN, and SB are broken, as is Call Open Total %.

Shall I manually fix this? I assume it'll just be rectified in the next release?

Issue addressed here too
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-...gradation.html

I still have this problem, vs. the same players as months ago.

3. I play on 888 Network. I very frequently have the stats come up in the wrong places, because HM2 seems to mix up the 9-handed and 10-handed (Jackpot) tables, and also mistakes them for 6-handed tables. This makes things very irritating and messy with the HUD as you can imagine. In HM1 I was able to manually correct the table type via Table Manager if necessary.

4. Editing pop-ups: every time I drag and drop a stat into a pop-up cell... it changes the shading to the wrong colour! You guys designed the pop-ups generally with alternate light and dark shading, right? Why does drag/drop screw up the shade? Maybe the lines could just default to alternating light and dark? Or could you make it easier to click a shade on/off?

5. Can we have an Undo function for the pop-up designer? Twice today I've done something colossally terrible like moving a row to the wrong place, then not knowing what I've done, then just quitting and starting over.

6. How can I increase ALL the fonts of the pop-ups by 2 points? Don't tell me I have to do each row/column in each pop-up individually? And even if I had an hour to do that, it would screw up the bolds and the header stats that have bigger fonts.

7. When I create a new HUD layout, it seems the name is set in stone. I wrote a too-long name, and this causes the main HUD panel (table stats, last 3 hands played) to be stretched out horizontally and to block players. I try to export, rename, and import, but it retains the original name. Please let me rename my HUD!

edit: I changed the name in the XML file, and the HUD panel is still needlessly wide.

1. You are correct. I updated many of the popups with the stats renamed and they will be in the next build. You will have to delete the popup files from Roaming to get the updated popups.

2. This one will require some major research on our part. This is the first I've heard of the problem. Sounds like you know your HUD filters and that's not the problem. Does the same behavior happen in the replayer? This will aid is greatly in duplicating the issue.

3. This might require a team viewer session so we can see it in action and get the proper files for programming to troubleshoot.

4. Popup designer had a major overhaul and there are some minor annoyances like this. Everything works in the popup designer and some of the feature requests talked about here can be looked at down the road.

5. See above

6. Don't tell me I have to do each row/column in each pop-up individually? K, I wont.

7. You changed the name, but the HUD panel is still needlessy wide? Can you post a screen? Editing the prefs.XML in roaming should've edited the name. That's what I did when creating the HUD's, then management wanting the names changed.

Under "HUD Options -> Popup-Designer -> Continuation Bet" the stat for "turn cbet 3bet pot vs. 2 opps" is missing. Same for "HUD Options -> Displayed Stats"

Also missing: "River Check-Call CB OOP" under "vs. Continuation bet"
    Last edited by louiscyphre; 11-15-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Trying to fill in B-Money's post:

2. What are some of these players' names? We need screenshots of the table and the player in reports/summaries and log files for when this happens:

7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\
    Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: How to show hidden files in Windows 7
    XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager
    Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: Microsoft Corporation

3. What are the limits on these tables? Can you give us more info about them?

4. I just dragged stats and they kept the background what color does it change it to?

5. I put in a request for this

6. You can assign to all for one popup, rather than do each row/column.

7. Like B said, we need a picture on this, I can't duplicate this issue.

I also requested the 2 HUD stats to be added.
    Last edited by udbrky; 11-16-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Money View Post
    I'll take a shot at some of these.

1. You are correct. I updated many of the popups with the stats renamed and they will be in the next build. You will have to delete the popup files from Roaming to get the updated popups.

2. This one will require some major research on our part. This is the first I've heard of the problem. Sounds like you know your HUD filters and that's not the problem. Does the same behavior happen in the replayer? This will aid is greatly in duplicating the issue.

3. This might require a team viewer session so we can see it in action and get the proper files for programming to troubleshoot.

4. Popup designer had a major overhaul and there are some minor annoyances like this. Everything works in the popup designer and some of the feature requests talked about here can be looked at down the road.

5. See above

6. Don't tell me I have to do each row/column in each pop-up individually? K, I wont.

7. You changed the name, but the HUD panel is still needlessy wide? Can you post a screen? Editing the prefs.XML in roaming should've edited the name. That's what I did when creating the HUD's, then management wanting the names changed.
    2. What are some of these players' names? We need screenshots of the table and the player in reports/summaries and log files for when this happens:

Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: How to show hidden files in Windows 7

3. What are the limits on these tables? Can you give us more info about them?

4. I just dragged stats and they kept the background what color does it change it to?

5. I put in a request for this

6. You can assign to all for one popup, rather than do each row/column.

7. Like B said, we need a picture on this, I can't duplicate this issue.

I also requested the 2 HUD stats to be added.
    1. RE: Broken popup stats
    What exact files do I have to delete? What will happen when I delete these?

2. RE: Certain players HUDs only showing session stats
    The replayer is affected - it shows 0 hands for the players in question. The live tables always show session stats. I will send screenshot.

3. RE: Table size issues on 888
    I'll play a session combining all 3 table types (6max, 9max, 10max/Jackpot) and note the specific issues, and get back to you.
    edit - screen sent

7. RE: Main HUD size
    I made the font smaller and the HUD is small enough for my liking now.

One more:

8. When I play a session and start HM2, or restart HM2 during a session... the HUD often won't come up even after 5-10 minutes. Sometimes I have to click STOP and START HUD several times to get it going. Auto-import always starts, same with HUD.

9. Pop-up designer:
    Add row doesn't work, unless I'm adding on the very bottom. Impossible to add a row in the middle of a pop-up... and I'm pretty sure this used to work.

10. HUD hand review: When I'm looking at a previous hand, and my active table finishes a hand and starts a new one, it rolls the HUD reviewer to the next hand, and also kills the drop-down box & doesn't let me even scroll through hands anymore.
    - Also, after I close the HUD hand review window, pieces of the window often stay stuck on the desktop until I drag something over it.
    same issue: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-...each-hand.html

11. Found more instances of players defaulting to session-only stats. I'll send another screenshot + names.

12. Flop pot size was quite off in the HUD hand review... screen sent.

edit: had a ton of fun playing around with the pop-up designer today. Easy enough to upsize the fonts & to re-Bold all the headers and titles. Also figured out that after I shade a cell... the cursor stays active, and keeps shading cells until I right-click. I wasn't aware of this feature, and I was about to cry about having randomly wrong cell shades all the time. Great stuff.
    Last edited by wrapitup; 11-19-2011 at 12:16 PM.

4-5 days since the last reply. Should I put these issues into new, distinct threads?

I'll skip the small stuff and get to my big issues with HM2 here:

A) Certain players HUD stats coming up as session-only, while most players are unaffected

In the last couple days, I've noticed a strange problem.

For a single regular, on whom I have like 75,000 hands, the HUD stats seem to only come up as session stats. I'll have 5k and 10k hands on other guys at the table, but instead of 75k on this guy, I'll only have 5 or 10 or however many hands we've played so far. In reports, I can always see his full 75k hands.

Did I trigger some player-specific option to always display only session stats?

Great to see the update

1. In v5300, I still have the major problem of certain players seeming to default to session-only stats in the HUD.

I'm looking at HEM Player Details while playing a table. For one player, the HUD reads 2.5k hands and the Details confirms 2,536 hands on the player. Against the table fish, the HUD reads 11 hands (session length) and Details reads 6,000+ hands. I switched the HUD filter around to include hands from 2-10 handed and 24 months old, and this did not fix the issue.

This problem seems to come up a lot, often against players on whom I have 5k+ thru 75k+ hands.
    It's been months and no resolution on this. I provided a log file weeks ago, and today I sent a list of 6 opponent names with this issue. Do you need the log.txt (38mb) again? Or a different file?

Another thread with above issue:
    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-...n-players.html

B) Hero's stats in replayer are set in stone for Table-Only

When I replay a hand, and the stats come up, I get the overall stats for each player but only the table stats for Hero. This is different from HM1 where the default was ALL stats for Hero. I'd like to see all Hero stats... is this possible?

HEM Replayer:

1. I mentioned earlier, but can we set Hero stats to HM1-style, corresponding to the HUD filters (ie. last 3 months, filtered for 3-6 handed in a 5-handed game), rather than having Hero's table stats set in stone to 'session only'?
    What's up with this? Is this going to be fixed? Does it need to be set in stone for table-only? Can't it just abide by HUD rules and filters, so that I can have a full sample on Hero stats, and then if I want session stats, I can double-click?

C) Active Player Window functionality from HM1 is far more useful than Opponents tab in HM2

b) Is there an active player window similar to HM1? This was so useful in real-time play... I do see the Player Analysis tab within Opponents but this doesn't seem nearly as functional. In the report there are very few stats and nothing near the detail of HM1. Also, my imported notes should appear in here, right?

This is just my opinion but I've been waiting for months for the Opponents tab to match the usefulness of the HM1 features, and it just hasn't happened The HM1 Player Analysis brings up far more stats, on each street. The HM2 version only seems to ever bring up 4 stats max:

NL Holdem 6-Max
    GENERAL PREFLOP

High VPIP:2696 / 10705 for 25.2%(avg 21.1%)

High Preflop Raise:2115 / 10705 for 19.8%(avg 16.1%)

High 3Bet:376 / 3976 for 9.5%(avg 6.3%)

High Squeeze:48 / 617 for 7.8%(avg 2.8%)

(on a player who always defaults to session-stats in the HUD, as in the above issue

The HM1 Preflop Cards tab, with 3bet/Call3bet/4bet/Call4bet/LRR buttons, with percentages assigned to the hole cards frequencies, is excellent.

In HM2, to match the usefulness of the Preflop Cards tab, I have to

- pop-out the Opponents tab (please increase the size of that tiny pop-out button),

- then click the opponent name I want, then hit the 3b selection button,

- then Refresh Required... and you have a bug: the Refresh button completely disappears if I have resized this window in the slightest,

- then toggle 'Hand Count', and even then, the description is vague, with only solid red or blue ever appearing here (why not use the accurate % like in HM1 instead of this red and blue coding?), and I have no idea about overall sample size, or amount of 3bet hands sampled, etc... it's just not usable at all.

It's miles away from the Active Player Window of HM1, which I had open all the time, and referenced on a minutely basis when using HM1. If I wasn't in so deep with HM2 (and having paid for it), I'd switch back to HM1 for the Active Player Window alone.

D) Export to Clipboard from HUD reviewer

2. Another HUD Hand Viewer gripe: the Export To Clipboard is the first item on the drop-down, right? So when I click it, it doesn't work. I have to click something else in the menu, to copy to clipboard, then try to jump back up and click Export To Clipboard before it resets to default... know what I mean? Very irritating.

There are dozens of options on this drop-down, but I assume most players, like myself, will only use a couple of these options, since players tend to post hands on any one or two sites, right? I only use raw text, Deucescracked, and Weaktight.com, so I'd love to just customize to these three options rather than scroll through dozens of options useless to me.
    Same problem... doesn't warrant another explanation. Took me about 20 clicks to try and copy/paste a fresh hand into Skype chat today.

Please help me out here. Thanks in advance.

Wrapitup,
    Thanks for the detail.

A) Certain players HUD stats coming up as session-only, while most players are unaffected.
    This is written up and we're collecting data to help programming resolve this. Right now Programming is waiting on some HH's that have these players dealt into the hands. Bug 2862 with a high priority. If you got hands, email them to us with this bug number in the subject line. We have a couple samples, but can always use more since it looks like various combinations of characters are causing the problem.

B) Hero's stats in replayer are set in stone for Table-Only
    This is by design. Most people know what their overall stats are from all their report analysis. We thought it would be best to show session stats for Hero in the replayer and not overall stats.

C) Active Player Window functionality from HM1 is far more useful than Opponents tab in HM2
    Programmer who wrote line analysis in HM2 wrote line analysis software prior to joining HM. The changes we made bring line analysis to the forefront of this feature and we leave stats to the HUD and HUD Popups. HM2's line analysis is different but it offers way more line analysis options. I'm forwarding this portion of your feedback to the line analysis programmer. Looks like lots of little issues here that he can fix easier if he reads this post. Might not get them all, but if it's a bug we'll get it addressed ASAP.

D) Export to Clipboard from HUD reviewer
    This is being written up. Bug 3572

Somehow this slipped through my net the other day.

1) Please try in the next release. Stat issues, except for name showing as defaultwinnings and total call open showing as ???? (but stat is right) are fixed, and these will be fixed in the near future. If something is not showing, it's probably easiest to replace any stats that are not showing right. I recommend saving popup files and exported HUD's, preferably on an external drive, in case of random computer issues. Popup files are saved in the config folder in:

2) Do these players have random non alpha-numeric characters? If so, please send 5 original hands (right click/copy and paste), zipped, for each player to hm2support@holdemmanager.com so we can get that looked into.

3) I'll get someone to test this as well.

8)This sounds like something is not working right. We need a log file for an early session when the HUD doesn't show. You should also do a cleanup of dot net:

Please make sure that your windows is uptodate, all service packs and windows updates installed.
    Uninstall your current NetFramework version with this tool: http://videos.holdemmanager.com/dotn...eanup_tool.zip
    and download the NET installer and run it
    For XP / Vista http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dotnetfx35.exe
    For Win7 - NET4 Download: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Where is:
    My log file

9) Cloned default popup I assume? We are working on this issue. It only happens with a cloned popup.

10) Combining this with 8, I'd definitely start with dot net cleanup. I have not seen this.

For the windows being on the desktop and disappearing when you drag something there, this is a graphics driver issue:

Right click My Computer, click properties, open Device Manager
    Open Display Adapter
    Google search for "your model # driver" and download for your operating system.

11) See #2

12) We'll check into this

Click on a stat and the cursor will change to normal, not shading.

D) - you don't need to click an export type and then click export, when you click the exported format i.e. plain text, it is copied to the clipboard in that format and ready to paste.

i dont know if its already a known bug, but iam not willing to read through the whole wall of text.

When i open a table or a Hand in the Replayer i only get a portion of the Hands for example 5k/120k hands, it seems like its still loading in the background, but it does not autorefresh, i have to move my hud on every table in order to get the full hand count...

2nd point that really bothers me is the session stats in the replayer... i dont know who decided it, but it was definitly no pokerplayer... its a joke how bad the decision is... when you review some hands with your friends you want to have the possibility to give them a quick overview on your stats and dont want to guide them through the whole report stats. add the option to switch via double click... definitly a step back

3rd point why is there no search function in the popup designer? Why dont you add some Mouse over explanations for the stats, like you did it in the reports stats.

4th point some missing stats, still cant find fold vs sq as raiser/caller, you add 300 3bet vs Hero stats, how about some hands vs hero or fold cbet vs hero, raise cbet vs hero,cbet vs hero, before you add ep3bet vs utg hero(fullring) which will appear 1 time every 5k hands.
    Last edited by aaltvater; 11-23-2011 at 05:14 AM.

graphs in session summary are the other way round (when I was break-even hunting, it shows I was up and have fallen down.

Wrapitup,
    For Point C about Line Analysis we've written up a couple of your issues. Programmer also had this to say:
    "What is he talking about with the red and blue coding? Also, can someone tell him the sample size is in the upper right (tells you hands returned). Hands are also limited by the "last" radiobuttons on the hands grid but you can select "All hands" to get the full sample.

Quote Originally Posted by nabokow View Post
    graphs in session summary are the other way round (when I was break-even hunting, it shows I was up and have fallen down.
    Known issue and it's being worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by aaltvater View Post
    i dont know if its already a known bug, but iam not willing to read through the whole wall of text.

When i open a table or a Hand in the Replayer i only get a portion of the Hands for example 5k/120k hands, it seems like its still loading in the background, but it does not autorefresh, i have to move my hud on every table in order to get the full hand count...

2nd point that really bothers me is the session stats in the replayer... i dont know who decided it, but it was definitly no pokerplayer... its a joke how bad the decision is... when you review some hands with your friends you want to have the possibility to give them a quick overview on your stats and dont want to guide them through the whole report stats. add the option to switch via double click... definitly a step back

3rd point why is there no search function in the popup designer? Why dont you add some Mouse over explanations for the stats, like you did it in the reports stats.

4th point some missing stats, still cant find fold vs sq as raiser/caller, you add 300 3bet vs Hero stats, how about some hands vs hero or fold cbet vs hero, raise cbet vs hero,cbet vs hero, before you add ep3bet vs utg hero(fullring) which will appear 1 time every 5k hands.
    1. You say this happens with both live and replayer HUD? Is it a custom HUD that you're using or one of our default ones? How big is your DB? Does it happen every hand change? This definitely shouldn't be happening and it's not something I've seen. Tech support personnel might have some input here too.

2. I pretty much agree with this point. There are more technical hurdles than you think to load the replayer as fast as possible with complete stats. This is on our hit list.

3. It's always been a goal to have all the stat search functionality the same across Holdem Manager and we're working on getting to this point. Report and HUD stat search will take priority over popup designer here.

4. We have an employee that is dedicated to stats only and his #1 goal right now is to get stats consistent along with any missing stats added. The fury of stat changes right before launch had more consequences than we anticipated and we do apologize for that. I'm talking to this person daily pressing for resolution.