Top 10: HEM performance increase tips - Page 63
Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast

9.2 will be faster than 8.4.

You can install it now - it's a good time as you are making the change.

Then, import in a new database:

Try creating a new database. Please see this FAQ:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...y+played+hands

Import speeds will depend on site, game type, and the size of the files.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

If I install the new postresql, do I have to start importing all my hands all over again?

Quote Originally Posted by vitunhinttarit View Post
    If I install the new postresql, do I have to start importing all my hands all over again?
    Yes. Create a new empty database, which is using the new PostgreSQL (running on a different port for example, 5433).
    Then reimport your hands.

Though... I'm not sure, PostgreSQL 9.2 will be much faster.
    It's normal the import speed decreases, as the database gets bigger.

14 GB in handhistories: is your database now 14 GB, of you have a folder with handhistory files (.txt files) for a total of 14 GB of files?
    Instead of importing the 14 GB all at once. Import them in smaller batches.
    After each batch, vacuum/analyse/reindex the database in pgadminIII. This way, when you import the next batch of hands, they'll import a lot faster.
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Thanks for the explanations/advice. I think I'll just stick with this postresql though, I've already imported ~60% of my database and doing it all over again would further postpone my grind.

Regarding the handhistories, I have now imported 34,5gb of txt files in smallish batches. I'll do the vacuum/analyse/reindex part after a while. The import speed is satisfactory atm. Can you give me instructions how to do that stuff in pgadminIII?

Ok, I put hem2 on db optimization, full. I have roughly 40gb db now according to hem2, it will take a few hours I guess?

edit. nvm it already finished
    Last edited by vitunhinttarit; 05-21-2014 at 09:54 AM.

ok guys.. Here comes a post from me:
    Ive made so many reformats because my HM database seems to fail.. Last one just now was because HM2 just totally lagged.. whenever window was open if I was playing, it just lagged so much and reports lagged even more..
    So now Im gonna do it from scratch and hopefully with your guys help:
    WHat I did earlier was install latest postgreSQL from their website, and then installed only holdemmanager from here.
    Then I sorted some setting u guys said here to cap out higher ram, I made some changes in postgres config to use more memory.
    But nothing ever seems to be good enough so now from scratch please help me sort optimal settings for my system:
    MB: asus x79-deluxe
    CPU: intel i7-4930K
    RAM: Crucial DDR3 Ballistix Tactical 32GB KIT (4x4 in quadchannel)
    HD: Intel SSD 530 series

win7 x64 with all the latest windows updates and latest drivers
    bitdefender antivirus (allowed HM and psql and HMarchive)

database I guess about 3 million hands

please let me know the optimal settings for my system regarding HM settings (ramcap settings etc.) , and psql settings (regarding the config and version etc) .. whatever suggestions you may have is very helpful

thank you experts!

Quote Originally Posted by StonedShisha View Post
    ok guys.. Here comes a post from me:
    Ive made so many reformats because my HM database seems to fail.. Last one just now was because HM2 just totally lagged.. whenever window was open if I was playing, it just lagged so much and reports lagged even more..
    So now Im gonna do it from scratch and hopefully with your guys help:
    WHat I did earlier was install latest postgreSQL from their website, and then installed only holdemmanager from here.
    Then I sorted some setting u guys said here to cap out higher ram, I made some changes in postgres config to use more memory.
    But nothing ever seems to be good enough so now from scratch please help me sort optimal settings for my system:
    MB: asus x79-deluxe
    CPU: intel i7-4930K
    RAM: Crucial DDR3 Ballistix Tactical 32GB KIT (4x4 in quadchannel)
    HD: Intel SSD 530 series

win7 x64 with all the latest windows updates and latest drivers
    bitdefender antivirus (allowed HM and psql and HMarchive)

database I guess about 3 million hands

please let me know the optimal settings for my system regarding HM settings (ramcap settings etc.) , and psql settings (regarding the config and version etc) .. whatever suggestions you may have is very helpful

thank you experts!

Are you using a multi-panel HUD?
    Are you using NoteCaddy (and have NoteCaddy badges / custom stats in your HUD?)--> if so go over: NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Banned

WHat I did earlier was install latest postgreSQL from their website
    In case that NoteCaddy stuff doesn't work out, which is likely: that^ seems to suggest you installed PostgreSQL 9.3 (the latest). 9.3 + HM2 is no good. Try 9.0 instead.

ok I will try postgres 9.0 . I dont use multipanel HUD .
    What else should I do for maximum config. Advices on the basic stuff to edit in my postgres.config based on my specs. ANd also commands to run HM2 with ?