backup error

Thread: backup error

Default backup error

Im getting this error when trying to backup my HEM. Not sure if it's backed up correctly, or stop in the middle?HEM file is saved.

[8/8/2011 7:03 PM] HOLDEMMANAGER: error: pg_dump: SQL command failed
    pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR: invalid page header in block 15040 of relation "playerhandscashkeycolumns"
    pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.playerhandscashkeycolumns (pokerhand_id, playerhand_id, handtimestamp, gametype_id, player_id, numberofplayers, positiontype_id, holecard1int, holecard2int, holecardvalue_id, rakeamount, netamountwon, streetwentallin, didvpip, didpfr, preflopaction_id, firstpreflopactiontype_id, maxstreetseen, totalflopbets, totalflopcalls, totalturnbets, totalturncalls, totalriverbets, totalrivercalls, preflopplayeractiontype_id, flopcbetpossible, flopcbetmade, flopfacingcbet, flopfoldedtocbet, flopplayeractiontype_id, turncbetpossible, turncbetmade, turnfacingcbet, turnfoldedtocbet, turnplayeractiontype_id, rivercbetpossible, rivercbetmade, riverfacingcbet, riverfoldedtocbet, riverplayeractiontype_id, holecard3int, holecard4int) TO stdout;

[8/8/2011 7:03 PM] error: error backup up HOLDEMMANAGER

Your database is damaged.
    Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.
    If that doesn't help you should create a new database and reimport all your hands (+notes +summaries).

Hi, I have a problem with backup my database. I tryed to reindex my DB, I tryed to make a backup in pgadmin by I always get the same error, which is: ERROR: could not read block 2929 of relation base/17116/17139: Invalid argument. Can you give some advise please? Thanks a lot.

That's a sign of a corrupt database.

Create a new database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager
    Reimport your archive folder
    Then create the backup: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...estoreDatabase
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here

Reimport your archive folder
    Hi, thanks for your advice. Can you explain to me what does "Reimport your archive folder" means exactly, please? I am not sure how to do this step. Thanks a lot.

Run a import from folder, on the archive folder, default location is: C:/HMArchive
    Participate in the Beta release of the newest Hold'em Manager version: HM Cloud. Sign-up HERE.

If you would like to leave some feedback to help us improve the quality of the solutions, and/or the support quality you received, - you can do this here