HEM not connecting to server problem.

Default HEM not connecting to server problem.

Ive been using hem fine all day long and then I turned my comp off and on and when trying to open hem I get a popup saying that it failed to establish a connections to the 123.0.0.1. I click ok and try to connect to it and it says it cant connect to postgreSQL. What can I do about this?

edit: I found some of the stickies related to this and Im reading through that
    Last edited by demon102; 05-15-2009 at 01:56 AM.

ok just to point out it should be 127.0.0.1 so if this isnt a misprint change it from 123 to 127
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Default Same problem.

I am having the same problem this morning. I was using HEM last night w/o any probs, but now am getting the "failed to estabolish connection to 127.0.0.1" error. Can someone please help me with this problem w/o having to go through the long proccess of uninstalling, copying data, etc. etc.?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We welcome any feedback on any solutions we provide, this helps us to provide better quality solutions in the future.

Thank you. That worked for me, but is this going to be something I will have to do often or what? Is Vista the culprit?

Yeah its a Vista firewall issue, someone mentioned it seems to be something to do with the malicious software tool built into Vista and the updates occasionaly seem to reactivate the problem, it seems to occur less with AVG, Avast and Zonelaram firewall but thats just from personal experience and might be coincidence, it may reoccur but most of the stuff in the FAQ will already be done so just reinstalling postgreSQL should fix if the problem reoccurs

this is really messing me up aswell. I uninstalled postgres and i cant install it it keeps coming up that it cant install it. So i go to 'services' to start and its not there help me plz

Please start a new thread and post the exact error message you get when you try to install it