Multi Table Ratio - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Holdem Manager

This is a tricky stat when looking at totals since each row does its own calculations. For example imagine a simple scenario where you are playing 4 tables of $1/$2 and half way through the session you add 2 tables of $2/$4.

Your By Stakes Report will show an MT ratio of 2.0 for $2/4 and 4.0 for $1/2.
    Your Overall report will show an MT ratio of 5.0

When we do the total at the bottom we determine weighting for each row in the report and apply that against the average values but there isn't really any way to get a proper total from a report like By Stakes for the MT Ratio overall.

I am looking into it to see what I can do to make this more consistent

rvg

I think the best (because most useful) implementation of your example should give 5.0 for 1/2, 6.0 for 2/4 and 5.0 overall, because the real question a player wants to have answered is "how many tables was I playing on average while playing these hands".

Just thought about it some more and I think this is better: Assume you log 100 hands/table/hour. If you 1-table for 4 hours and then 10-table for 1 hour, you now get an overall MT ratio of (4*1 + 1*10)/(1+4) = 2.8. But what you want is (400 * 1 + 1000 * 10)/(1000+400) = 7.43, because most of your hands were played while playing 10 tables. I.e. in practice one would like the hands to be the time parameter, not the clock time (because the standard winrate dimension is bb/100 hands, not bb/hour, so if you calculate MT ratio in the usual way you can't make a meaningful winrate comparison).

NB. I haven't actually checked if the current situation is as I said, just deduced it from your post.

Holdem Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Presence View Post
    I think the best (because most useful) implementation of your example should give 5.0 for 1/2, 6.0 for 2/4 and 5.0 overall, because the real question a player wants to have answered is "how many tables was I playing on average while playing these hands".
    I think you're right, I'm going to need to rework this a bit and will do it the way you've described

Holdem Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Presence View Post
    Just thought about it some more and I think this is better: Assume you log 100 hands/table/hour. If you 1-table for 4 hours and then 10-table for 1 hour, you now get an overall MT ratio of (4*1 + 1*10)/(1+4) = 2.8. But what you want is (400 * 1 + 1000 * 10)/(1000+400) = 7.43, because most of your hands were played while playing 10 tables. I.e. in practice one would like the hands to be the time parameter, not the clock time (because the standard winrate dimension is bb/100 hands, not bb/hour, so if you calculate MT ratio in the usual way you can't make a meaningful winrate comparison).

NB. I haven't actually checked if the current situation is as I said, just deduced it from your post.
    Right now it is time based but when I switch the stat around it'll be by hand. Basically for each hand it will determine how many tables were being played and then average that out

rvg

Holdem Manager

ok I reworked the stat so that it is done by hand instead of by time (so looks at the # of tables for each hand and divides by total hands instead of looking at total time being played and figuring out # tables each block of time) so the totals match nicely and the stat is much more accurate.

Also added the Multi Table Ratio report which allows you to see any stats broken down by the # tables being played. Both will be in the next build

rvg

HM2 Shark Tank Member

I can't find that report, is not there yet right?

Holdem Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Hilips View Post
    I can't find that report, is not there yet right?
    Do you see the new stat? The report should be there as well but if it is not go into your appdata\roaming\holdemmanager\reports folder and copy the attached file there

rvg

MultiTable.Report

HM2 Shark Tank Member

Yes i see the new stat but i don't get it. I have a MT Ratio of 9.91 and # of Tables 1 on the Sessions/By Stakes report. It doesn't happen in all rows, the majority of them have both stats very similar.

The report wasn't there, on that folder, but now it is.

On the MTR report the # of tables is wrong. Its impossible to play 11 and 15 at Microgaming, the cap is 10 and i have in that report 1000 hands at 11+15.
    Last edited by Hilips; 08-10-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Holdem Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Hilips View Post
    Yes i see the new stat but i don't get it. I have a MT Ratio of 9.91 and # of Tables 1 on the Sessions/By Stakes report. It doesn't happen in all rows, the majority of them have both stats very similar.
    Check the row that showed 1 table and look at the times of the hand and see if you played any other tables at that time. It should be correct.

On the MTR report the # of tables is wrong. Its impossible to play 11 and 15 at Microgaming, the cap is 10 and i have in that report 1000 hands at 11+15.
    I'll try to tweak it a bit but basically if you are playing 10 tables, close 5 and open 5 new ones immediately playing new hands then it's going to think you were playing them at the same time since hand histories don't tell you when a hand ends, just when it starts.

I will play around with it some more but hopefully you see the issue there - new tables can start before I know that the old table hands are over and it is closed

rvg